Creating compelling blog content is a powerful way to captivate!
Captivate your clients. Captivate new clients. Captivate the media.
Did you know that 19% of travelers consult a blog when planning a trip? Think about how many people you have an opportunity to reach when you showcase your expertise and provide readers with added value.
When I speak at industry conferences the biggest blogging question I hear is “Where do I find interesting and relevant things to write about?” Great question and here is a list of solutions for you!
These content boosting opportunities have been divided into expertise levels so that if you’re just starting out in the blogging world you’ll find ideas in the novice section to quickly and easily get you rolling out blogs with content that’s easy to access and research. Then as you get more comfortable with your writing style there are intermediate ideas that you can use to leverage your skills. The advanced ideas are great for bloggers that need more momentum to keep their content fresh and engaging.
When you begin a blog it can be overwhelming and exciting at the same time. These essential content building sources will give you a jump-start. Each of these killer ideas are designed to tap into your creativity and let your expertise shine. How about writing about:
- Historical facts from your top selling property, attraction or destination
- Top Customer Service issues that are brought up by your clients
- Funny questions from clients
- * You know the ones…”can my dog sit on my lap on the plane?”
- * How many eggs does your favorite ship board prior to departure?
- * How many pumpkins did your top selling boutique hotel order last Halloween?
- * Construct your blog around the trivia and weave in additional information that will temp people to call you to book their trip.
- * Supplier blogs and trade blogs are a great inspiration to help you capture ideas
- * Do something different
- * Check out supplier sites as well as associations and other travel agents
- * Add your experience with the topic and showcase your photos
- * write a blog on your thoughts and experiences as related to the article
- * Link to the original article
Inspiration is merely the start of great blogs. You’re an industry expert and here’s your chance to be inspired to write material that will entice people to look to you when planning their travels.
Happy writing. Where do you find inspiration for your blog?
Here are some time saving writing tips