Do you ever want to just give up on social advertising? Quit! Finito!
It just seems pointless and it doesn’t work anyway, right? Besides everyone is far too busy!
If that’s what you’re thinking you’re not alone! Here’s some common reasons to stop advertising socially.
#1 – I have too much business now
Last week I was talking with a travel pro and she was ready to give up on social marketing saying she had so much business she could hardly keep up. “Why post socially and advertise? I can’t manage the clients that I have now!”
So quit! But….
- What happens when your clients age-out of travel?
- What happens when your clients think you’ve disappeared as they’re not hearing from you or seeing you on-line?
- What happens when your clients are enticed by another travel resource (a savvy travel consultant, a sexy app, a cool new ad) and stop calling you?
If you don’t care about the future of your business or want an early retirement, just stop posting and advertising.
If you do care and are too busy to post and advertise, here’s some social marketing tactics you can do in those couple of spare minutes you have while waiting for your client meeting to start or standing in line for coffee.
- Got 5 minutes? You can check these off in a flash and go from frazzled to fruitful.
- Got 14 minutes? Check out these 3 things you can do to boost your social presence.
- Got 29 minutes? Quick tactics to boost your visibility
- Got a couple of minutes to fine-tune your ad audiences so you don’t waste your money? Tune in to this short video for the answer to this: Pop Quiz: How many ad audiences can you create in your account?
#2 – My clients say they’re too Busy for Social
The other issue many travel & tourism pros struggle with is the thought that their clients don’t really want to hear from them.
- Do you clients tell you they’re too busy to look at their social feeds?
- Do you feel as if you’re being too pushy when you post, advertise or send an eblast?
- I had one sales person tell me their clients didn’t want to see them on video—go figure! Really!
While your clients may be busy, one 2018 report from GlobalWebIndex estimates that, on average, social media users spend 2 hours and 22 minutes online each day globally.
But you say…my clients are boomers and millennials….they don’t have that kind of time.
“The vast majority of Boomers use social media regularly, find information through search engines, and spend a large portion of their free time online. In fact, on average they spend 27 hours a week online – that beats Millennials’ time by two hours!”
I wonder if they tell you they’re so busy as busy is the new badge of honor? Or is it that ads and social posts don’t resonate with them?
Maybe it’s time to re-think how we see our clients’ needs! Maybe it’s time to:
- View your clients’ time as precious and post great information and not simply ads
- Target ad content that speaks to their needs and travel aspirations
- Focus on experiences and benefits so that your posts do
This will help you be more valuable to your fans and followers by providing the meaningful and memorable travel inspiration they want.
While the average consumer is bombarded with over 10,000 marketing messages each and every day, don’t give up on your own ads. Jump into the fray with ads that work for your unique audience.
Be Real Smart!
Your clients are waiting to hear from you with content they love! Don’t give up on them, your business or your social marketing!
Download your Social Marketing Survival Guide here
Social Marketing Strategies for Travel and Tourism
About Catherine Heeg
Catherine Heeg is a recognized social media trail blazer passionate about social media and marketing in the tourism and hospitality industry. She takes the mystery out of marketing!
She creates and delivers meaningful, dynamic workshops that meet your unique needs in the Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Industry.
Catherine and her team help travel, tourism and hospitality pros design and implement social media marketing strategies and tactics that drive traffic to their social and web sites. Learn more…
Professionals who are serious about taking consistent, winning actions every day to build their business and achieve measurable results love working with Catherine.