How are your social sites looking these days? Perhaps a tad unorganized? Not to worry! A quick, focused approach to reducing clutter and revitalizing your accounts can do a lot more than just boost your online appearance – it can boost your views and engagement as well.
If we’re talking ‘refuse’ as in clutter and garbage, let’s think about getting rid of those old unused sites, tools and strategies that aren’t working for us any longer. Go ahead, toss them into the trash. You know the ones I mean! Think about those clothes hanging in your closet that haven’t been worn for a couple of years. Do you have social platforms and tools that aren’t giving you value anymore? It’s time to de-clutter!
If we’re talking ‘refuse’ as in deny and don’t get involved, let’s think about denying to be stuck in old habits and patterns. Just because a certain style of update has worked in the past, check to see how it’s really working now. Maybe it’s time to form a newly updated habit.
Speaking of forming new habits here are a couple of tips to transform your old habits into updated patterns that revitalize your social marketing strategies.
- Spring over to your suppliers’ and competitors’ social pages to study what they’re doing. Is their strategy or look appealing to you and your brand image? If so, transform those ideas and make them work for your own brand.
- There are some cool new social platforms coming on stream these days. Go ahead and explore a couple and see if they resonate with you and your talent team. Next, survey your clients and fans to see where else they hang out in the world of social. Then make your decision to invest in new social platforms based on your own time, talent and client interests.
- We all set our privacy settings and online permissions when we created our business accounts. It may be time to revisit these settings on each platform to make sure they still align with our brand and goals. While it may be boring, like cleaning out your sock drawer, you’ll be sure your settings are free of holes.
- Advertising is one of the fundamentals of social marketing success. Are you up to speed on:
- Your key word choices
- Graphics and visuals
- Target audiences
- Custom audiences
- E-mail capture lists
- New advertising options
- On-going campaign strategies and goals
- Elevate your strategy with these tips.
- Spring is a time to re-energize your image. Have you considered trying a fresh look and incorporating new styles of infographics and memes? Trying some new video options like live-casting or screen-casting tools can easily revitalize your style and help reconnect with your clients in a revitalized manner. Here are some trends.
- Make new friends and fans. Social relationship building can be a mammoth undertaking, but the heart of it remains about growing conversations. Growing your fan base and engagement is part of the make-over effort. How about actively seeking new fans and reconnecting with some inactive fans? It’s all about quality not quantity.
While we’re busy preparing for the next wave of business, let’s keep in mind all of the small social marketing tactics that can bring a sense of renewed interest from our fans. Refurbishing our image, strategy and goals will breathe new life into your social marketing and grow your success.
Which will you tackle first?
Social Marketing Strategies for Travel and Tourism