Are you interested in providing your clients with leading edge information as an inspiration for their next booking with you?
Do each of your group tour clients seem to have the same questions?
Would you like to be able to share info and gather opinions with people around the world in a live format that’s like a group conversation?
Imagine if you could cover all those opportunities in one video conversation? Just think how much time you’d save and how much your clients would love to interact with you and other travelers.
There are a number of exciting new live video options that you can tap into and bring people together for an interactive conversation.
Let’s look at these leading edge options and talk about how we, as travel pros, can use them to grow our relationships and businesses.
Periscope vs Meerkat
These 2 live video streaming platforms connect you to your audience for a conversation. You use your mobile device to stream a live video and viewers can ask questions along the way. Both of these platforms are mobile apps that travel pros can use to:
- Live stream from a trade show giving people a chance to chime in with questions for other attendees and suppliers at their booth.
- Live stream from a site inspection; invite your pied pipers to join in and ask questions
- Snapshot of a ‘day on the road’
- Provide destination overviews and showcase top sites
- Showcase your new ________; office, motor coach, activity, ship, destination…
- Interview suppliers for a live Q&A
- Interview clients for a live testimonial or reaction to an activity
- Interview an industry leader
- Share industry news and updates
- Provide a behind the scenes view of a ship, resort, hotel, restaurant.
Here’s how this might work for you.
So, let’s say you’re doing a hotel site inspection and a number of your group leaders or pied pipers are watching the site inspection from the comfort of their office. That group leader may have a question about the size of the rooms designed for special needs guests. While on the site inspection you can ask the hotel staff person to provide the room dimensions, then you can visit a room of that type and live stream it so the group leader can see it immediately. This gives your group leader a chance to see the room and assess its amenities, all while being able to ask more questions along the way. The cool thing is that all this is live and real time! What a great way to inspire conversations and generate excitement with clients and potential new clients.
Not sure if video is right for you and your clients? Here are some stats that may surprise you.
Top Travel Advantages of Periscope
- Videos are saved to the app and available for 24 hours. You can also save them to your devices’ camera roll.
- You can share the stream and repurpose it on YouTube
Top Travel Advantages of Meerkat
- Once you’ve finished streaming, your video is gone. This may inspire more people to catch you live and ask questions.
- Meerkat videos can be shared on Facebook.
Whichever platform you decide to use, being able to connect live with your clients via video is a powerful and modern way of creating interest for your brand.
What will your next stream be about?
Social Marketing Strategies for Travel and Tourism