It kind of comes with the travel and tourism industry territory, but clients can come from anywhere – and may be looking to go anywhere. So what does this mean for how you can connect with them? It may not always be possible to meet in person, but there’s still nothing like a face-to-face connection, and social can let you do that from anywhere!
Blab.im vs Google Hangouts
These ‘live-casting’ video platforms allow you to meet with people and have a ‘face to face’ on-line conversation. Available in desktop and mobile.
Tour Operators & Travel Consultants: Imagine being able to meet with your group tour participants in advance, even though they hail from around the country. Having that advance face to face connection between group members brings the group together even before the trip begins. After a trip, a live-cast can keep the buzz active.
Suppliers: Imagine being able to meet with your top travel consultants to provide the newest updates or seek their input.
How to use Live-Casting video
Here are some creative ways to use live-casts:
- Host an interview with a supplier and invite potential group members
- Host a meeting for clients; travel pros or potential group members
- Travel pros can meet with confirmed group members before and/or after their departure/return
- Supplier to meet with travel pros for training and updates
- Travel pro to start a conversation about travel and invite members to join in
- Ask Me Anything style pre-trip meetings
- Live training sessions
- Live Q&A sessions and interviews
- Itinerary planning and brainstorming meetings
- Final pre-trip meetings
- More ideas here.
Top Travel Advantages of Google Hangouts
- While only 10 people can participate in a Hangout, you can record and send the link to others.
- People are familiar with Google (some find Hangouts difficult to manage and trouble-shoot).
Top Travel Advantages of Blab.im
- While only 4 people can be seen live by viewers, an unlimited number can listen, watch and ask questions. With the 4 seats that are part of the live conversation people can be moved in and out of seats easily to allow for questions, comments and a lively discussion.
- The Blab can be recorded in both audio and video format. You can then share your Blabs socially and on-line.
- You can pre-schedule a Blab and let your clients know in advance via social links or email.
These exciting new tools give us another way to connect, engage and inspire clients. Since each of these tools are public forums you have the advantage of being able to expand your audience and grow your client base. By adding these tools into your toolbox you’ll want to rethink your marketing strategy and put together a new plan of action.
Embrace the future of video and elevate your client relationships.
Which of these are you using? Which will you try next?
Social Marketing Strategies for Travel and Tourism