Are you sporting new specs?
Have you just leaped over to a new laptop?
Are you working on a new workout routine?
If you’re like many of us you’ve found that it takes a bit of time to get used to any new tip, tool or trend. I just got new glasses and I scare myself every time I see my reflection…or try to walk down stairs.
While any change may take a bit of getting used to, I find that the future is usually easier, more efficient and even more fun.
Here’s some exciting new social marketing tools to make your life simpler.
The Basics: Let’s start with some simple updates to your video tool box to shine some light on your creations.
- Diva lights have made a world of difference for both live stream broadcasts and those quick 30 second videos you shoot on the fly. For less than $25 you’ll find a variety of sizes and styles. Consider one that clips right onto your phone for an easy way to light up your next video.
- External microphones. Again a small price to pay (about $50) to amplify your audio success.
- More tips & tools here.
Intermediate Level: Ramping up your video skills and quality takes a few more cool tools to have greater impact.
- Video editing platforms range from simple-to-use to those with a huge learning curve. Some simple tools that I’ve found to make my life easier include:
- Screen Cast-o-Matic: easy to edit, add transitions and overlays to your video. You can even shoot from your desktop using this free tool. A pro-version is available for a nominal fee and eliminates their logo.
- VSDC: Their tutorials are helpful in fine-tuning, color correction and blending. Special effects and image stabilization are available too. Elevate your video to the next level…easily.
- More details here.
- Go live and share your screen. That’s right! Now there’s a number of new desktop tools that give you the opportunity to live-stream with guests and share your screen. Such a cool way to spark more conversation and engagement…all while adding extra value for your viewers.
Imagine being able to go live and interview your favorite BDM. But wait, you say….my BDM’s all live in a different city.
Using a tool like BeLive.tv you and your BDM can be in your own offices in different cities and appear side by side on a Facebook live!
How cool is that!
What if you’d like to interview your BDM, someone from your top selling destination AND an attraction….all at the same time? You can host your own talk show with up to 4 people on screen at the same time.
The best part is they have a FREE version as well as a paid subscription version. Both are really easy to use.
Advanced Level: Taking your video to the pro-level may involve a videographer and professional lighting. If that’s not in your budget, how about moving into the world of 360 video and virtual reality
- 360 video cameras are getting better and less expensive by the day. Check out the latest models that attach right to your phone. Keep your eyes open for new phones with built in 360 cameras. Jump on board with Facebook 360.
- Virtual reality is here. Check out how Visit Las Vegas has proactively embraced VR tours to attract and engage visitors. G Adventures is adding VR content to their immersive video line up.
Who’s Watching Video?
Videos are becoming more and more essential to any business’ social media strategy by the day – which of the above tips will you use to enhance your video toolkit?
Social Marketing Strategies for Travel and Tourism
About Catherine Heeg
Catherine Heeg is a recognized social media trail blazer passionate about social media and marketing in the tourism and hospitality industry. She takes the mystery out of marketing!
She creates and delivers meaningful, dynamic workshops that meet your unique needs in the Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Industry.
Catherine and her team help travel, tourism and hospitality pros design and implement social media marketing strategies and tactics that drive traffic to their social and web sites. Learn more…
Professionals who are serious about taking consistent, winning actions every day to build their business and achieve measurable results love working with Catherine.