Do you ever wonder what’s the quickest way to reach your social fans and followers?
When I speak at travel and tourism conferences, people always ask what’s the BEST platform and quickest way to reach potential clients.
Quick! Easy! Effective! That’s what everyone wants to know! Those are key words in our industry right now and the same words I use to describe the best platform and engagement tactic.
If you’re looking for 1 or all of these solutions, I hate to disappoint you, but there’s no magic bullet.
The closest we come right now is VIDEO! Tune in for the reasons why video is so valuable now as well as some tips to effectively integrate video into your own marketing strategy.
Effectively Embed Videos
One of the tips we covered in the above video is to include video in your own blog posts. (Yep, I’m practicing what I preach. Here’s hoping you’ve found the above video helpful.)
Embedding video into a blog posts is simple with these steps;
- Shoot & edit your video
- Upload your video to your favorite video platform. Since You-Tube is the 2nd largest search engine, I’ll show screen shots from that platform.
- Once your video is published to You Tube, copy the embed code. (see Figures 1 & 2)
- If you’d like to grab an embed code from a video you previously uploaded to You-Tube, simply bring up the video and click the Share Button. (see Figure 3) Then copy the code.
- Once you’ve copied the embed code from your You-Tube video, paste it into your blog post. If you’re using WordPress, you’ll need to toggle and switch to the ‘text’ tab, then paste your embed code. This way the video will show up correctly in your blog post.
- If you want to change the size of the player, simply adjust the numbers that follow the words “width” and “height”. I adjust the size so that the video takes up the maximum space on my blog.
- Here’s what the final product looks like as a draft in a new blog post. Always check the preview screen to ensure the video has rendered correctly.
Avoid this Video Mistake
Don’t copy the video URL and paste it into your WordPress blog. It will neither show nor play correctly.
Using these tips you’ll be able to easily embed video into your blog posts.
Embed Live Stream Videos
The tips above apply to all videos you shoot. When you do a live stream broadcast, here’s a roadmap.
- save the video to your camera roll,
- download it to your hard drive or video editing tool
- Add your contact information slide at the end
- Upload to your favorite video platform (You-Tube, Vimeo, etc)
- Follow the steps above to embed it into a blog post
Since you’re already spending your time and talent creating video or live broadcasts, get the maximum value from your hard work by repurposing. Sharing your masterpieces across social platforms and different mediums is the easiest and most effective way to earn more eyeballs.
Quick! Easy! Effective!
Social Marketing Strategies for Travel and Tourism
About Catherine Heeg
Catherine Heeg is a recognized social media trail blazer passionate about social media and marketing in the tourism and hospitality industry. She takes the mystery out of marketing!
She creates and delivers meaningful, dynamic workshops that meet your unique needs in the Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Industry.
Catherine and her team help travel, tourism and hospitality pros design and implement social media marketing strategies and tactics that drive traffic to their social and web sites. Learn more…
Professionals who are serious about taking consistent, winning actions every day to build their business and achieve measurable results love working with Catherine.