The number of social platforms where you want to reach your clients is astounding.
Sometimes it can feel like updating all your social sites could take all day.
But what if there were some industry tips to get great content up on all your sites with less work? Consider recycling and re-designing!
You’ve spent plenty of time snapping photos, jotting down destination notes, putting together trip guides for your clients, right? How about turning that knowledge into some amazing marketing pieces.
#1 – Recycle your Fam Trip Notes
Think about all those destination notes you’ve taken along the way. You spent time gathering material and writing, how about recycling your notes into a variety of new pieces of content.
- Chop your notes into bite sized chunks and create blog posts of 200-400 words
- Pull together a short newspaper article for your local paper
- Create an audio podcast of your notes and observations. This downloadable piece of content will be appreciated by commuting clients.
- Then you can easily embed it into a blog post
- Consider uploading it to i-Tunes to increase your reach
- Compose a series of posts and tweets from your notes and add photos
- Provide links to related blogs you’ve written
- Design an infographic of highlights from each destination. See #2 below for tips and tools.
- Create an e-book of all of your related posts and market it as a lead magnet.
#2 Re-Jig your Trip Guides
Tap into those trip guides you’ve pulled together over the years. Haven’t you spent hours writing itineraries, packing tips and destination notes for your clients? Here’s a great way to re-jig them into impactful marketing content.
- Do you have a packing list or travel tip sheet? Re-jig it into an infographic using a tool like Easel.ly, PiktoChart, Canva, Infogr.am, Viseme.co and others.
- You can even add this to your website, include it into your final trip documents and post it to Slide Share.
- Write 1 blog post about each tip.
- Writing a blog series like this will fit nicely into your Editorial Calendar and boost your SEO.
- Pull together a video slideshow for each destination. Short video slideshows are easy to create and will ramp up your social reach and engagement. Here’s how to create a video slideshow on Facebook.
#3 – Redesign your Travel Content
Gain extra traction on your social posts by ramping up your visual appeal.
- Pull little-known destination facts and trivia into engaging social graphic posts or memes. Simply add text to one of your destination photos. Get fancy with PicMonkey or Canva to create shareable, fun graphics.
- Go crazy and post these socially!
- Pull together a short video (20-30 seconds) showcasing each of these tips and tricks. Gather all of these videos into a library or knowledge base.
- Use this library as a lead magnet to grow your email list.
- Tips & tools here.
- Create a Top 10 list. Consider highlighting travel tips, destination tips, trivia, etc. You already have all the tips in your head, simply commit them to paper.
- Turn the Top 10 list into an infographic, a series of graphic posts, an article, a blog.
What do you say first when someone asks how you’re doing? Busy! Now you may be able to have a different answer.
When you elevate your existing content with these tips you’ll save time and energy.
Which will you tackle first?
Social Marketing Strategies for Travel and Tourism