What’s so special about 21 days?
Experts say that’s how long it takes for us to form a habit. At the beginning of a new season it sure seems simple to fall into ‘easy livin’. At the end of that season what social marketing habits have you started or reformed? Which ones can you leave behind permanently? The start of a new season is a great reason to rethink some old habits to see if they’re still working for you.
Become a Content Machine! Create some amazing content; video, graphics and blogs. Your own unique content may be time consuming to create, yet you can use it in so many ways.
Here’s an easy content strategy you can copy.
- Write a new blog post every week. I know, it sounds crazy hard. Let’s break it down into bite-sized chunks.
- Pick your weekly marketing theme or travel tip and write a blog post about it. 200-400 words with some photos that will inspire your readers.
- Create a feature image that will render well on all your social sites. Check out tools like Canva and PicMonkey.
- Adapt that feature image into a long pin so you can share your blog on.
- Change your email signature line and let readers know what you’re talking about socially and invite them to your social sites.
- Post your great new content socially. Remember to include Google + into your strategy. Always linking back to your website and blog will maximize your SEO.
Become a Video Veteran! Don’t be shy, grab your video camera on your next fam trip or right in your office.
Go ahead, try this.
- Film a short video showcasing your favorite travel tip or destination
- Post your 40-60 second video to Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+ and Facebook.
- Embed the video into your blog
Accelerate your Advertising! Embrace the cool new ad features on your social sites.
- Creating a Canvas, video or Carousel ad on Facebook
- Check out Instagram ads and develop them right on your Facebook ads platform
- Dive into Twitter cards and reach a whole new audience
- Video slideshows make amazing ads
- Use the new features of Lead Generation ads on Facebook
- Create highly targeted audiences who will love your content
How savvy are you when it comes to strategizing?
What about your video skills?
After 21 days of practicing these strategies you’ll find your new habits will reap rewards well worth your efforts.
Get a new lease on your social content creation by incorporating these practices into your toolkit!
Social Marketing Strategies for Travel and Tourism