Have you ever teared-up watching the Budweiser commercials during Super Bowl?
Do you feel in awe when watching destination videos?
Are you chuckling out loud watching those silly dog videos?
The power of video is everywhere in our daily lives; inspiring us to learn, laugh and look more closely at life. These are the same powers that travel affords us. Ah, ha…what a perfect match!
Imagine being able to tap into these powers and evoke these emotions when creating your own company videos? The secret sauce is creating snack-able, easy to understand video!
During these tricky times, having video know-how and story-telling talent is crucial to our success moving forward. Having the right video tools for the right phase of your marketing makes the task easier.
Did you know:
- Each month, 85% of Internet users in the U.S. watch video content.
- By 2021, the average person will spend 100 minutes every day watching online videos (a 19% increase from 2019).
- 93% of companies claim they got a new customer because of their video content on social media
- 63% of businesses say that video gets the best return on investment (ROI) on social media.
- People have even shorter attention spans than goldfish.
When considering your own v-strategy, enhancing brand awareness is one common marketing goal you may want to include in your production plans. This will help you dial-in to both the B2C and B2B markets.
While this is a fairly broad goal, it can be conquered using video. Let’s explore the details to increase your brand awareness and save time.
Crash thru the clutter and capture attention in a compelling fashion. Sharing your brand message thru video involves creating a variety of styles of video to capture attention and inspire people to get to know your company better.
For example if you’re developing a new tour or new attraction in your destination, a teaser video will help you generate buzz and create excitement. A short 30-second video can act as an introduction to a larger campaign.
Developing a new audience using video is a way to cultivate awareness. An ‘About Us’ or Testimonial video let’s your brand personality shine.
Consider this video style to:
- Relaunch tours post-COVID
- Showcase company culture
How to Shine the Spotlight
Feature your team and happy clients, showcase your office staff, show-off clean coaches and position your company as a leader with new protocols. To help clients envision a ‘next normal’ use video to run thru a ‘day in the life’ of your newest tours or behind the scenes in your attraction.
Effective Video Styles
There are a variety of video types and tools to help you enhance your brand awareness.
- Live streaming —interview happy clients or destination representative to paint the picture of your new tour or attraction.
- Live Action –Best used to record a person speaking or doing a walk-thru tour or showcasing something fundamental to your brand. This style of video can be helpful as an ‘About Us’, Welcome or Sales video.
- Tools: a video camera and editing tools.
- Photo Montage/Video Slideshow – a combination of still images, music and voice-overs. Great tool to inspire emotion and tell your story.
- Tools: Animoto, Magisto, Biteable, WeVideo
- Live action screencast – building awareness is easy when you combine an on-camera personality along with something from your computer screen. Imagine this to be webinar format or even an on-boarding experience for new staff or guides.
Even if your videos aren’t making people tear-up like some Super Bowl commercials, they can still have a major impact on your fans and subsequent brand awareness.
What will be the style of your next video?
Social Marketing Strategies for Travel and Tourism
About Catherine Heeg
Catherine Heeg is a recognized social media trail blazer passionate about social media and marketing in the tourism and hospitality industry. She takes the mystery out of marketing!
She creates and delivers meaningful, dynamic workshops that meet your unique needs in the Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Industry.
Catherine and her team help travel, tourism and hospitality pros design and implement social media marketing strategies and tactics that drive traffic to their social and web sites. Learn more…
Professionals who are serious about taking consistent, winning actions every day to build their business and achieve measurable results love working with Catherine.