Google +. Is it worth paying attention?
With 400 million registered users and more than 100 million active users visiting the service every month it’s hard to ignore the impact on the tourism, hospitality and travel industry.
With the introduction of Brand pages, Google+ leverages another marketing channel to connect, inspire and compel brand advocacy…plus maximize revenues and relationships.
Here are some clear reasons to get involved today!
- Hangouts. Free video conferencing is available for up to 10 other Google+ members. Tap into social interaction that can be recorded and viewed by others on demand. Imagine group planning sessions, media interaction, guest relations and internal communication all via video chats.
- Hotels consider using a Hangout with staff members from around the country.
- Attractions can use a Hangout to let sales people and tour operators know of new developments.
- Tour Operators can Hangout with key clients or group leaders.
- Circles. Similar to lists on Twitter and groups on Facebook, Circles takes you one step deeper into your marketing efforts. A business can now easily market directly to segmented audiences by sharing content only with selected Circles. Business pages can Circle other businesses, but not people…at this point in time.
- Hotels can pass along rate information only to tour operators, not their entire list of followers on Google+
- Attractions can target the drive market with promotions to geo-based Circles.
- Tour Operators can create a Circle of potential group leaders (who have a business profile on Google+) and learn what is needed to build the perfect package.
- Note: When people add you to their Circles they will always see your brand’s posts.
- SEO Ranking. Google is proven to give preference in search rankings to content shared in Google+. This means that your business is more likely to rank higher in Google searches and that ranking increases for people who have added your business into one of their Circles.
- Search. When your company is searched using “+your company name” it stands out immediately as the company logo is shown and the real estate is larger for Google+Businesses. See this example for Tauck Tours:
What do you like about Google+ brand pages?