Did you know 2 out of 5 journalists get all their info from Twitter? Think of the possibilities for media coverage that position you as a destination expert. Twitter is the best way to get the word out quickly.
Twitter is also the perfect means to spread the word about an exciting new blog post.
1. Use hastags to categorize and make it easy for people to find your topic
2. Link directly to your blog post
3. Tweet frequently over a couple of days to capture a wider audience
- * Tip –Use pre-schedule tweets and your media calendar to maximize your efforts
5. Ask your Tweople (tweet followers) questions to engage them. How about asking what destinations they’d love to visit, what’s on their bucket list, what they love most about your city, what their most memorable moments were at your attraction.
- *Tip –Take these comments and blog about them. This increases your supply of relevant topics.
What successes have you had using Twitter to converse and promote your blog?