Did you know…Content with relevant images gets 94% more views than content without relevant images? (source)
Did you know…videos increase engagement by 135%
Wouldn’t you LOVE those extra eyeballs, shares and bookings from your graphic & video social posts?
Successful social mavens are integrating visuals into their editorial calendars. Think about all of the eye-catching posts you see when browsing your social feeds;
- Enthralling videos
- Phabulous (sic) photos
- Inspiring quotes
- Jolting GIF’s. (those fun, animated graphics)
These engaging bite-sized chunks of content wake up viewers. Check out these tools and shake-up your social audiences.
These video tools are available for Windows, Mac and mobile users (short list of favorites).
- Movie-Maker – Windows. Insert existing video, still images. Add transitions, music and text.
- iMovie – Mac
- Flip-A-Gram – mobile app. Upload still images and insert text, music and transitions
- Screen Cast-o-Matic – Windows & Mac. Great for creating tutorials as well as recording video. Here’s an example of a tutorial with webcam video. You can spotlight on-screen movements and video via you webcam.
- Animoto — Windows, mobile app. Upload still images and insert text, music and transitions
- Adobe Spark – Web stories and animated videos
- Video Slideshow on Facebook. Upload still images, add transitions and music
- Learn more and see examples here
Your photos speak 1000 words and here are some photo sources to make the most of those 1000 words. Remember you can also use your own images. If you’re using supplier images, please make sure you have the rights to use them socially and/or in your own marketing.
Here are some of my favorite royalty-free image sources. Some are fee-based and others are free.
- Strategies here
How about adding some pizzazz to your photos? Consider adding text to illustrate stats, tips or quotes. Inspirational quotes are popular and can be found searching socially using #InsprationalQuotes #ThoughtoftheDay #MotivationalQuotes.
Then create graphics using your own photos or those you’ve purchased. This type of graphic post is easy to create using PicMonkey or Canva. Here are some custom graphics we’ve created for travel pros. You’re welcome to use these on your own social posts.
GIF’s for Travel pros
GIF’s are animated, looping graphic images. In addition to this list, I’ve also created short video GIF’s using MovieMaker.
These snappy, sassy images with text add some humor to your posts.
You’ll find some examples here.
With this visual, bird’s-eye view of your marketing tactics, along with the tools to capture visual impact, you’ll transform your brand.
73% of content creators plan to prioritize creating more engaging content in the future. Source
Are you a part of that majority?
Social Marketing Strategies for Travel and Tourism