Do you want to spend your precious advertising dollars wisely?
Facebook gives you the opportunity to specifically target and track your ad spending. However, may travel pros find themselves slipping up when placing their ads and not maximizing their ad spend.
Social Advertising Mistakes to Avoid
Slip-ups happen and here’s what I see most often:
- Target too broad an audience. Narrow your reach by demographic, location, interests, behaviors and ad placement.
- Easy Fix: keep your audience targets within reason and focus on people who will want to interact with you and the content of the ad.
- Timing your ads when your audience is not on-line.
- Easy Fix: Check your page insights to understand when you’ll reach your fans and are more likely to reach others like them.
- Easy Fix: Time your ads using the scheduling tool in Power Editor
- Ignoring Custom Audience and Target Audience features on Power Editor. More details here.
- Easy Fix: Quickly create a custom audience by uploading your email contact.
- Not split-testing your ad copy, graphics and placement.
- Easy Fix: Test your ad copy by placing 2 ads with only 1 difference between them. Then monitor which one performs better.
- Poor quality graphics. Choose graphics that bring together emotion and action.
- Easy Fix: Consider using an image editing tool. Taking this one step further, remember to create graphics using your branded colors.
- Ignoring the new Call to Action buttons available for Facebook advertisers.
- Easy Fix: build your posts and ads within Power Editor and easily add in these slick “Call to Action buttons”. They include “Learn More” Download” “Book Now” “Shop Now” and “Sign-up”. See how it looks.
- Unrealistic budget. You can’t expect champagne on a beer budge. $5 or $10 will get you decent reach over 1 day, not over a week.
Stop throwing your money away with untested, non-trackable social ads.
These slip-ups are easy to avoid with pre-planning and an understanding of the ad platform on Facebook. Using Power Editor to set up your ads will make the targeting and placement easier.
With over 30 Million small businesses with active pages on Facebook, maximizing your valuable resources to generate visibility is key.
Over to you: Which of these ideas will you use today?
Social Marketing Strategies for Travel and Tourism