Are you interested in knowing more about when to Tweet? Do you wonder how many of your clients are using Twitter? Does it keep you awake at night analyzing what people are saying about your company or a preferred supplier.
Here are a couple of my favorite tips to manage, analyze and market.
- Set up a managing tool such as Hootsuite or Tweetdeck to manage, schedule and oversee your social sites. These tools let you pre-schedule your posts and will provide some analytics for you.
- Want to know what people are really saying about your company or a preferred supplier? Simply go to: Twitrratr or SocialMention. These tools are easy to use and provide up to the minute details.
- Check out services that analyze your Twitter following and assign the most productive time for you to Tweet. See TweetWhen
- Also check out When to Tweet for stats on when your followers are re-tweting. This service takes awhile to search your Twitter feed and followers.
- There are services that will search your client base and determine who is currently on Twitter. Check out Flowtown
- Try Twello! It’s the yellow pages of Twitter users. This is a great way to pick up the Twitter handles of specific people; clients, thought leaders or industry gurus who may have a unique Twitter handle.
- See this travel specific blog for additional Twitter strategies
These tools make it easier to manage your time and get the most from your social media experience. As you can see, this is only a brief list of my favorite Twitter tools. What are your favorites? Please use the comment section below and share with our travel colleagues.