Let’s set the scene: you’ve just mapped out and created an amazing video that you think your fans will LOVE.
After watching your creation several times, you know it’s ready to be unleashed into the social world.
- What can be done to ensure that it reaches your target audience – FAST?
- Where will that video help skyrocket your SEO?
- Which social platforms will jump-start your viewership?
Video Marketing Process
In the Video Planning Process we talked about a couple of places to use the video. This helped solidify the video length and mechanics of production.
Now, let’s take this a step further and look at more specific places to use video that will help increase your viewership and SEO.
- Add video to your website; welcome page, about page, specific content pages. This will help your SEO rank.
- Social posts. Think of it this way, earning organic reach involves pandering to the social algorithms; and they LOVE video posts. If you want to earn reach and engagement organically and for free, video is the answer.
- Social ads. Here’s the secret; right now video ads are favored by social algorithms. This means you’ll get the most bang for your buck!
- Be sure to check the time allowed for videos on each platform. For example, video posted to Twitter can only be 2 minutes or less.
- Optimize the delivery of ads so as to maximize your ad budget.
- The biggest video trend now is live streaming video broadcasts! This is so popular now, not only because people are looking for more meaningful connections, but they want to know and understand who they buy from. In the past, potential clients may have connected with you at a travel show, consumer event or industry conference. These days, those opportunities are increasingly going virtual. So what’s the fix; live stream video!
- You don’t have to go down this road alone. Team up with a guest and go live together. Share the spotlight and lower the stress of video.
- Earning more eyeballs on your video is also possible when you embed the video into your newsletter. Check out these advanced tips as well.
- Creating stronger relationships is the workhorse of video. Using video in your lead magnet starts those relationships off at a galloping pace. Here’s how to promote your lead magnet quickly.
The Bottom Line in Video Marketing
The bottom line is this; when it’s time to see increased lead gen, traffic and sales, fire up your webcam and put these action steps into play.
Creating video and using it strategically can be daunting! But remember, much of the knowledge you have about destinations, styles of travel and travel tips can easily be turned into video! You don’t have to start at square 1. You simply have to start! Today!
Social Marketing Strategies for Travel and Tourism
About Catherine Heeg
Catherine Heeg is a recognized social media trail blazer passionate about social media and marketing in the tourism and hospitality industry. She takes the mystery out of marketing!
She creates and delivers meaningful, dynamic workshops that meet your unique needs in the Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Industry.
Catherine and her team help travel, tourism and hospitality pros design and implement social media marketing strategies and tactics that drive traffic to their social and web sites. Learn more…
Professionals who are serious about taking consistent, winning actions every day to build their business and achieve measurable results love working with Catherine.