The other day I was talking with a tourism pro who asked what they could do with all the photos they’ve taken over the years.
- Photos of stunning destinations.
- Photos of group tours.
- Photos of exotic foods from around the world.
Sounds familiar right? Don’t you just hate knowing these images are sitting on your phone or hard drive. What a wasted opportunity!
We all know that we’re supposed to repurpose these images into something wonderful.
But, why bother?
When you repurpose your own unique content your fans will understand that you’ve actually been to that destination. It’s your social credibility and professionalism that are showcased for the world to see. In addition, your fans will get a glimpse into your personality and that’s the starting point to building a stronger relationships over time.
Speaking of time: How much time have you spent this week curating photos, creating blogs, videos and social posts? If you don’t have an assistant or ad agency in your world, you’ve probably spent a ton of time. Stop spinning your wheels. Start repurposing!
Here’s a quick run-down of 7 super-easy things you can do with your images so that you can inspire people to travel again AND earn more social followers.
- Create a video slideshow from your still images. Simple to do with the options right on Facebook or using i-Movie.
- Embed a collection of images into your blog. What a great way to do show & tell…with a lot less writing!
- Add captions to them and post socially
- Use them as Stories on Facebook and Instagram
- Use your photos in your next presentation or at a virtual conference.
- Broadcast live on your favorite social site and showcase a destination or style of travel using your photos as the visual part of the show & tell.
- Last but not least—now this one is really cool; use them as a virtual background for your next video conference. Check out these tips for your next virtual background strategy.
Repurposing Travel Tips
What else have all of us travel pros collected over the years of traveling? Travel Tips!
But what do these tips have to do with social marketing? Think of it this way; each of your travel tips can become the inspiration for new content. For example, each travel tip can be transformed into at least 6 new pieces of content. Tune in for a wealth of new ways to showcase your professionalism and potentially earn new clients.
If you’re a camera happy travel pro, you probably have a massive album of photos that are waiting to become marketing gold! Don’t let your old snaps collect anymore dust, start using them to attract fans and authentically connect with your clients.
What’s your top time-saving social marketing hack?
Social Marketing Strategies for Travel and Tourism
About Catherine Heeg
Catherine Heeg is a recognized social media trail blazer passionate about social media and marketing in the tourism and hospitality industry. She takes the mystery out of marketing!
She creates and delivers meaningful, dynamic workshops that meet your unique needs in the Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Industry.
Catherine and her team help travel, tourism and hospitality pros design and implement social media marketing strategies and tactics that drive traffic to their social and web sites. Learn more…
Professionals who are serious about taking consistent, winning actions every day to build their business and achieve measurable results love working with Catherine.