Do you have a stock pile of cool travel videos from your past tours or featured destinations?
Are you itching to create cool social video ads, but you’re unsure how to successfully add them into your marketing mix?
Video ads are hot because they have the potential to achieve amazing results. Many consider video ads the “One Big Thing” of current social marketing strategies.
Creative Video Social Ads
Once you have a library of videos in place, you’re ready to get creative. Whether you’ve produced a collection of videos or are using videos from suppliers and DMO’s, ramp up your ad options.
- Consider the upcoming group tours that you’d like to start marketing. Then select a video that you’ve created and post it to your favorite social site along with some enticing text. This will be the foundation of an ad or Boost Post.
- Set up your Facebook pixel. This small snippet of code is worth its weight in your future ad success. You’ll be able to re-target people who have taken action on your web and Facebook pages. Here’s the how-to guide.
- Check out the Target ad audience options on Facebook and Instagram and you’ll find a whole collection of targeting options to reach the right people. Don’t miss the tourism favorite “Trip Consideration”.
- Set up a collection of Saved ad audiences that reach out to your different market segments. Here’s how. For example, create an ad audience for people who love:
- Land Tours
- The list is endless and based on your own unique offerings.
Advanced Video Ad Testing
Now that you’ve gotten creative with your One Big Thing, it’s time to refine and remix it to meet the needs of your unique audience.
- Do you ever wonder which ad text and graphics will resonate better with your audience? The answer lies in Split Testing, also known as A/B testing. Facebook will do this automatically for you and show you the winning ad. Details here.
- What do you do if you have a number of different ways you’d like to phrase your ad text and a couple of different graphics, but you’re not sure which is better? Facebook provides Dynamic Ad options that give you the chance to upload a variety of text, graphics, headlines and call-to-action. Dive into the details here. Then, by the magic of marketing, Facebook will mix and match all your options and test each one letting you know the winning option. Also, check out the Facebook Video Creation Kit and create mobile-first video ads from your still images.
- You can create your new ads by using posts that already exist on your page or by creating new ads within Business Manager. In either case, your audiences and ad options are the same.
Once you get the hang of the “One Big Thing”, social advertising and setting up your video ads will be as simple as 1, 2, 3! And your video shoots will be as easy as 3, 2, 1 — Action!
Dauntingly easy! You bet! Getting your video ads up and running will give you more time to get butts in seats and heads in beds.
Social Marketing Strategies for Travel and Tourism
About Catherine Heeg
Catherine Heeg is a recognized social media trail blazer passionate about social media and marketing in the tourism and hospitality industry. She takes the mystery out of marketing!
She creates and delivers meaningful, dynamic workshops that meet your unique needs in the Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Industry.
Catherine and her team help travel, tourism and hospitality pros design and implement social media marketing strategies and tactics that drive traffic to their social and web sites. Learn more…
Professionals who are serious about taking consistent, winning actions every day to build their business and achieve measurable results love working with Catherine.