Have you seen the new 360 videos on Facebook and thought to yourself “WOW, my clients would love to see footage like this of our next tour/excursion!”?
Good news: these videos are easier to make than you might think! Here are some ideas on how to get your 360 video strategy started.
Whether you’re looking for a 360 camera that attaches to your phone or a separate device, prices start around $100. Here’s a list of some of the top choices.
Understanding how you’ll be using the camera may influence your purchase. A couple of questions you may want to ask:
- Where will it be used?
- Will it need to be attached to a tri-pod?
- How will you edit the video? Some have on-board editing capability.
- How tech-savvy do you want to be?
- Are you interested in plug & play?
360 Video Opportunities and Ideas
Are you brimming with ideas to incorporate 360 video into your marketing? Here’s some opportunities you may consider.
- Capture the excitement and beauty of your next fam trip
- Immerse your fans in your next ship site inspection
- Take your clients on your next adventure; zip lining, surfing or touring an exotic food market
- Showcase a short clip of adventure on your next group tour; touring a winery, weaving with the locals or paragliding.
- Immerse your fans in ‘a day in the life’ of a tour group
- Short clips of events, attractions and festivals in your area
- Showcase unique adventures provided exclusively for your guests
Hoteliers & Resorts
- Capture the essence of your property at the pool, restaurant or culinary event
- Imagine immersing people in resort activities
- Go behind the scenes and capture excitement in the kitchen
360 Video Pro Tips
Next time you’re viewing the excitement of 360 or virtual reality, jot down some tips that work for you. Here’s some that make the list:
- Keep it short
- Focus on the unique experience
- Tell your story
- Advertise to a target audience to share the love
- Know your audience
- Understand your goals
- Stay nimble
Virtual Reality and 360 video helps us tell our stories and ramp up the excitement. Whether you’re new to the game or honing your craft, I bet you’ll find the reward as amazing as the cool new ways to get creative in your marketing.
What will be the focus of your next 360 or virtual reality video?
Social Marketing Strategies for Travel and Tourism
About Catherine Heeg
Catherine Heeg is a recognized social media trail blazer passionate about social media and marketing in the tourism and hospitality industry.
She creates and delivers meaningful, dynamic workshops that meet your unique needs in the Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Industry. She and her team help travel, tourism and hospitality pros design and implement social media marketing strategies and tactics that drive traffic to their social and web sites. Learn more…