Have you ever stumbled across a travel video on social media and immediately felt inspired to go explore the world? Who hasn’t!
Videos are a fantastic tool for connecting with your audience, building your brand, and boosting sales! Try these cool tips to start using videos more effectively and to build your video marketing strategy.
No matter if you’ve shot a couple of impromptu videos, gone live or have an entire library of video you’ll want to continue to put out as many videos as possible as viewership is expected to rise in the future. In addition, social sites are putting extra emphasis on video content by showing it to more people both organically and in ads.
Do you find that your video production is strategic or scattered? Here’s some styles of video that are popular and trending now.
- Add interest to your business page with Facebook cover image video
- Don’t forget to breathe new life into your still images by using them to create a video slideshow. Here’s how to create yours
- Go live. Live streaming video is taking the travel & tourism industry by storm.
- Produce and edit your own video. Showcase your professionalism, your next group tour or your top travel tips.
Ok, so you’ve shot a couple of videos (or would like to) what to do with them next? Here’s some strategy to take your video production and marketing to the next level.
- Set goals
- Is your goal to showcase an upcoming group tour? Do you want to draw attention to your new website? Do you want to grow your email list? Do you want to promote your professionalism and expertise?
- How will you educate, entertain and inspire?
- Know your audience
- Develop an avatar of your perfect client and then speak to their needs and travel aspirations.
- Understand what inspires them to like, comment and share.
- What type of experience do you want them to have?
- Determine your topics and formats
- Do you want to be the star of a weekly live video broadcast?
- Do you need to produce instructional videos for your staff or clients?
- Build your distribution plan
- Where do you plan to use your videos? Consumer nights? Social marketing? Your blog? Your newsletter? Will some content be gated?
- Do you have the platforms set up to host your videos? Social, web, blog, landing pages?
- Assemble a team and the right tools
- Do you need help from staff or suppliers?
- Do you need to hire a professional to help you?
- What tools will you use to shoot & edit?
- Do you need better lighting and sound?
- Place value on your time and talent
- Do you have the bandwidth to accomplish your goals?
- Where will you find the time?
- Do you have or need to have a budget?
- Measure your success!
With the varied options for creating and editing video your expertise and reach can easily skyrocket.
Today: Plan your video strategy and write it into your marketing plan.
How are you incorporating videos into your marketing strategy?
Social Marketing Strategies for Travel and Tourism
About Catherine Heeg
Catherine Heeg is a recognized social media trail blazer passionate about social media and marketing in the tourism and hospitality industry. She takes the mystery out of marketing!
She creates and delivers meaningful, dynamic workshops that meet your unique needs in the Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Industry.
Catherine and her team help travel, tourism and hospitality pros design and implement social media marketing strategies and tactics that drive traffic to their social and web sites. Learn more…
Professionals who are serious about taking consistent, winning actions every day to build their business and achieve measurable results love working with Catherine.