Quick question: how many post styles are you using to gain the attention of your clients online? If your answer is “mostly text posts,” or “sharing supplier posts” then these tools are meant for you!
If you’re tired of seeing the same posts and graphics everywhere, now’s the time to ramp up your game and start creating some of your own.
You know the popular saying “Hear a piece of information, and three days later you’ll remember 10% of it. Add a picture and you’ll remember 65%.” Source: The same focus applies to your social marketing.
When we take the time to add a bit of pizzazz to personalize photos we post socially we’re rewarded with increased reach and engagement. There are so many filters and photo effects tools on the market, here are some of my favorites.
Photo Filters and Special Effects
- Social platforms now have onboard photo editing tools available. Most have filters, overlays and some let you draw on the image freehand. Explore your favorite platform.
- Desktop image editing tools are everywhere. Here’s some of my choices.
- You can add motion graphics (your hair blowing in the breeze, for example). Free and available on Android and iOS
- TouchRetouch and SnapSeed. Captured a photo-bomber in your last snap? Edit it out on your mobile simply by running your finger over that photo-bomber or anything else you want to remove. Available on Android and iOS for a small fee.
Turn Lookers into Bookers
Keeping in touch with your clients is key to transforming them from lookers to bookers. Here are some cool ideas to stay top of mind.
- Skype now offers an easier way to connect. With their new plug-in you can add a Skype call link into an email, social post or even a calendar invite. Clients will simply click the link and the call automatically puts them in touch with you. The caller does NOT need a Skype account.
- Your Facebook Inbox now gives you the chance to create an appointment with your connections.
- E-Blast providers offer a variety of social and traditional marketing services. Do you know all the options with your own provider?
- Do your e-blasts get the open rate and CTR you’d like? Writing stronger email subject lines and blog titles just got easier with Headline Analyzer. Simply type in your text and the analyzer provides a relevance score. It’s easier to drive traffic, increase shares and open rates.
- Lacking inspiration? Check out the sample emails at Good Email Copy and be inspired with great wording.
We’re all looking for faster, better, stronger ways to grow our businesses and expect to be able to carry all the tools in our pocket. Forget the glue and scissors and transform your marketing efforts with a few clicks, a bit of creativity and a splash of copywriting.
Social Marketing Strategies for Travel and Tourism
About Catherine Heeg
Catherine Heeg is a recognized social media trail blazer passionate about social media and marketing in the tourism and hospitality industry.
She creates and delivers meaningful, dynamic workshops that meet your unique needs in the Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Industry. She and her team help travel, tourism and hospitality pros design and implement social media marketing strategies and tactics that drive traffic to their social and web sites. Learn more…