Remember when seeing videos online was a novelty? (and how bad they look now)
It seems wild that in a few short years we went from scrolling past small thumbnail images to seeing crisp, clear and beautifully designed visuals and videos all over social media.
Now is the perfect time to unleash your creativity on the world in the form of social ads! Even if you don’t fancy yourself as the artsy/creative type, the latest tools make it easy to create attention grabbing ads without being a design pro.
These tips and tools will help you to create stunning social ads and get noticed.
Are you dying to create a video ad, but don’t want to get real techy? Check out the option to create an Animated Ad the next time you boost a post. Simply click the button to animate your ad and Facebook shows you a preview of how your post will look once it’s been animated. You have the option to customize it a bit. You can select and edit each element; choosing the text, background colors, framing of the images, and then add them all into a video sequence. It’s really easy!
Not sure which photos, videos and text will work for your next ad? We always wonder what will resonate with our audiences and now there’s an easy way to test this out. Dynamic Ads give you the chance to incorporate up to:
- 10 images or videos
- 5 headlines
- 5 text blocks
- 5 link descriptions
- 5 CTA buttons
Once you’ve uploaded your creative assets and text, Facebook mixes and matches your assets and finds the 1 combination that works for your audience.
Video is the future of social media. Get geared up for success with these new social marketing features.
Video is Vital
- Video, video and more video! Research shows that by 2020 nearly 80% of social content will be video based. Now’s the time to dive into live broadcasting, 360 video and producing your own great content on the road or in your office. Here’s how to reach your target audience with video and move them through the selling process.
- Speaking of video, Facebook is continually updating its Video Creation Kit. It’s an easy way to create video ads, even if you haven’t shot any video. Using the template provided you can create short 6-15 second video ads to:
- Promote a product
- Sell multiple products
- Show product benefits
- Drive product discover
- Did you know that you can now crop your Facebook videos to the right size and shape? That’s right! With the new cropping tool your video will fit perfectly into the right size for:
- Video ads which need to be sized 1:1
- Feed videos which need to be 4:5
- Instream videos which need to be 16:9
- Stories video which need to be 9:16
Creating visuals, videos, and ads that will resonate with your audience does take some tinkering and fine-tuning but you really don’t need to be a tech expert to do it. With these tools and tips under your belt, you’ll be able to set your brand apart from the crowd!
What will your next social ad look like?
Social Marketing Strategies for Travel and Tourism
About Catherine Heeg
Catherine Heeg is a recognized social media trail blazer passionate about social media and marketing in the tourism and hospitality industry. She takes the mystery out of marketing!
She creates and delivers meaningful, dynamic workshops that meet your unique needs in the Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Industry.
Catherine and her team help travel, tourism and hospitality pros design and implement social media marketing strategies and tactics that drive traffic to their social and web sites. Learn more…
Professionals who are serious about taking consistent, winning actions every day to build their business and achieve measurable results love working with Catherine.