When you scroll through your social feeds, what type of content are you most likely to stop and engage with?
You’re not alone if you’re thinking video!
In fact, 92% of users watching video on mobile will share it with others (Source). That’s fantastic news because recommendations from friends & family carry SO much more weight than information coming directly from a brand.
A few key factors go into creating videos that will grab your audience’s attention. Let’s dive into tips to make your videos unforgettable.
Short & Sweet
- KISS! Keeping it short is a great way to build a loyal following. Many people make the mistake of trying to cram in too much information into a video and risk losing viewers. Try providing only 1 key point in each video and taking around 60 seconds to convey your message.
- Pro tip: KISS enables you to produce a series of videos about a specific topic; each video focusing on 1 key point.
- Secret Sauce: Here’s some video content ideas you can steal.
Expand Your Video Exposure
- Maximize your exposure. When you take the time to create a video, get as much value from it as you can. (And save some time) Extend the video’s exposure by:
- Posting it on your social sites
- Including it on channels like You Tube, Vimeo and other video hosting sites
- Embedding it into your blog
- Adding it to your website
- Including it in an e-blast
- Using it in funnel marketing
- Using it as a lead magnet or as gated content
- Bonus Tip: More ways to repurpose your videos
Repurpose with Purpose
Supercharge your video impact with this under-used way to connect with your audience.
- Add a Call to Action and your contact information. Have you ever watched a video that provided so much valuable information that you wanted to connect with the producer to learn more, yet there was no contact information?
- Pro Tip: create a slide at the end with your contact information and a call to action.
- Popular tools: PicMonkey, Canva, Stencil. More tools here.
Did you know: 51% of on-line marketers have claimed videos to be the best content to increase ROI. Also, viewers retain 95% of the information you give in the form of a video as compared to 10% when reading it in a text.
Don’t miss out on attracting new clients and boosting your credibility.
What’s your favorite video success tip?
Social Marketing Strategies for Travel and Tourism
About Catherine Heeg
Catherine Heeg is a recognized social media trail blazer passionate about social media and marketing in the tourism and hospitality industry. She takes the mystery out of marketing!
She creates and delivers meaningful, dynamic workshops that meet your unique needs in the Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Industry.
Catherine and her team help travel, tourism and hospitality pros design and implement social media marketing strategies and tactics that drive traffic to their social and web sites. Learn more…
Professionals who are serious about taking consistent, winning actions every day to build their business and achieve measurable results love working with Catherine.