Think about some of your most memorable clients. What was it exactly that made them stick in your brain? Was it a story or a picture from their travels that they shared with you? Maybe it was it was the heartfelt thank-you email you received after helping them book emergency flights?
Unique interactions can help you connect with your fans and clients in ways that will be memorable for both of you.
Here are a couple unique strategies that will help you engage with your current fans and meet new ones during these tricky times. When the time is right for travel, you will be at the top of their minds.
While we all know that people do business with people they know and like, the easiest way to form a bond is thru a story. Travel stories can leave an impression with people helping them to remember you and want to experience your story for themselves.
Nail this by teaming up with your staff, suppliers or top clients and sharing travel experiences and memories. When you use video to record each of these stories, you’ll have a wealth of engaging content to share on your social sites. Think of the brand awareness and loyalty you’ll inspire.
- Pictures combined with great stories; what a perfect match. Record on Zoom and share your screen so viewers can see your favorite memorable photos while hearing your stories.
- Go live! Broadcast with a guest and have a lively conversation while sharing photos. Check out BeLive and StreamYard.
- Video can be used to help improve SEO and establish brand loyalty.
Think of it as a great way to block out the chaos of our time and relax into a different mindset.
Communicate & Connect
Is your first thought to email a client or pick up the phone? How about turning over a new leaf by trying a new approach to communicating with your clients? That element of surprise will help to sharpen your relationships. How about trying:
- A live video message using Loom
- A new e-blast style or schedule
- A new lead magnet to boost your email list while providing new resources to your readers. Here’s how to promote your lead magnet to maximize your e-list growth.
- Going live on a platform you don’t normally use. If you’re used to going live on Facebook, check out the live broadcast opportunities on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, You-Tube.
- Tune into this video for some easy things you can do NOW to stay top of mind with your clients and avoid ‘ghosting’ them.
Revamping your communication style to suit the pandemic might be tricky at first. But stick with these strategies and you’ll be building strong relationships in no time.
PLUS, we’ll definitely have some interesting stories to share with each other once this pandemic is behind us.
Which strategy will you try first?
Social Marketing Strategies for Travel and Tourism
About Catherine Heeg
Catherine Heeg is a recognized social media trail blazer passionate about social media and marketing in the tourism and hospitality industry. She takes the mystery out of marketing!
She creates and delivers meaningful, dynamic workshops that meet your unique needs in the Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Industry.
Catherine and her team help travel, tourism and hospitality pros design and implement social media marketing strategies and tactics that drive traffic to their social and web sites. Learn more…
Professionals who are serious about taking consistent, winning actions every day to build their business and achieve measurable results love working with Catherine.