The marketing process tends to follow a well-traveled pathway.
It begins with bringing awareness to your brand.
Awareness leads to interest and interest leads to desire and new business.
This is the point on the pathway where sales are made or clients are retained.
Real life, however, usually has some unexpected twists and turns on the pathway, especially when using traditional and social marketing.
Social marketing allows you to take your brand on a journey that will extend your social reach and fill your sales funnel. Let’s take a closer look at two effective strategies for building awareness for your brand.
# 1 — Video is Vital to Grow Social Fans
- Imagine your clients delight when you share your top travel tips with them. What an opportunity to showcase your professionalism and personality!
- Imagine your clients delight if they can see you in a destination and learn about the travel experiences they can have!
- Imagine your clients delight if they can join your live-streaming video, ask questions and join the conversation. Here’s some tips to prep for your next live-stream video.
- Imagine your clients delight when they see you interviewing a guest on your next live broadcast. Whether you broadcast your interview from a fam trip, ship site inspection or the comfort of your home. Tips & tools to broadcast from your desktop.
No matter how you incorporate video into your social marketing plan, you’ll find your reach and engagement skyrockets.
#2 — Unlikely Uniqueness
Whatever type of unique content you produce will give you bonus points on your SEO and in the minds of clients and prospects. Here’s some winning unique content to consider.
- Blog! Here’s why you’ll want to include this in your plan. Pro Tip: Turbocharge your blog!
- Grow your social reach with these tips. Video Ad tips here.
- Email blasts. Do you still need this?
- E-newsletter. (don’t forget to include a video)
- Photo quotes. What makes them so shareable?
- Print articles; newspaper or magazine
- Quiz or survey
- Video email. Check out the options on Loom
- Landing pages
As you increase your marketing exposure by creating awareness, then inspiring people to think outside the box you’ll find your funnel will begin to fill with prospects.
Turning these prospects into clients happens when their desire to travel grabs hold of them. Once you’ve turned them into clients, your job has only begun. Your marketing efforts continue even after they’ve traveled as you turn them into brand advocates. These brand advocates are the ones that will like, comment and share your social content. They’re the people who will tell their friends! They’re the people who will refer others to you.
This type of loyalty keeps your funnel full. It also keeps you out of that proverbial tunnel where no new clients enter. Building your funnel begins with the combination of social and traditional marketing.
What unique content will you create next?
Social Marketing Strategies for Travel and Tourism
About Catherine Heeg
Catherine Heeg is a recognized social media trail blazer passionate about social media and marketing in the tourism and hospitality industry. She takes the mystery out of marketing!
She creates and delivers meaningful, dynamic workshops that meet your unique needs in the Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Industry.
Catherine and her team help travel, tourism and hospitality pros design and implement social media marketing strategies and tactics that drive traffic to their social and web sites. Learn more…
Professionals who are serious about taking consistent, winning actions every day to build their business and achieve measurable results love working with Catherine.