Is your blog attracting thousands of readers each time you post? If not, here are some tips for you to draw a bigger, better audience. These easy to implement tips are great ideas for both newcomers to the blogging world as well as those who have been blogging for awhile, but not finding the right audience. More advance tips will be posted here later.
You are also welcome to listen to my audio podcasts for additional tips to set up your blog and find content to write about.
Every travel and tourism conference I speak at, the big question is: How do I ensure that my blog draws people to my web-site or office. The other question is how do I engage my readers and convert them into buyers?
This starter checklist is forever evolving so please feel free to add your favorites!
- Choose a blog provider that meets your needs
- Set up tags and categories for each blog you post
- Take the time to respond to comments
- Link to your blog from your company website
- Link your blog posts to your other social media sites
- List your blog address in other social media sites
- Add an email opt-in form to your blog to capture email addresses from your web visitors
- Add a link in your e-mail signature leading people to your blog
- Commit to posting regularly
- Create headlines and titles that catch peoples attention
- Use numbers: “3 packing tips you don’t want to miss”
- Include the words “how to” in your title: see this title!
- Make sure that the links in your text work properly
- Plan your strategy and story board using a media calendar
- Announce your blog in your newsletter and other forms of traditional media
- Announce your blog in other forms of social media
- Announce your blog on your Facebook business page
- Tweet about your next blog posting
- Use LinkedIn Groups if your blog is business related
- Sign up for blog directories; Technorati and Alltop are a good start
- Set up Google Alerts to learn what’s being talked about
- Add RSS feed to your blog
- Add “Share & Enjoy” buttons at bottom of your blog
- Comment on other industry blogs
- Comment on blogs your clients may read
- Ask a question to get engagement.
What tips and practices have worked for you?
You can also find up to the minute marketing and sales tips by connecting with me.