Travel Pros tend to be extremely busy people. Our industry rewards a go-go-go attitude that so many of us embrace and even wear as a badge of honor.
But what if we just didn’t do that anymore…
Hear me out! What if we all took a tiny step back and lightened up our workload just a little bit. We don’t need to sacrifice the work we do for our clients but there are ways to cut back on the time spent on marketing.
Check out these tips on repurposing content that your fans will love and will also create more space in your hectic schedule.
Let’s say you’ve written and shot a video about your top selling destination or style of travel. That video can have an even longer life when you take these 5 easy steps so that it earns more eyeballs. Here’s where to start;
- Clip the video into smaller segments and post these short clips as individual social posts.
- Start an email drip campaign and include one short video into your on-going email campaign. It’s like telling your story in individual segments. You’ll increase your open rates, as hopefully your readers will be waiting with bated breath for your next video email.
- Earn more eyeballs for your video by embedding it into a blog post. Super easy!
- Upload the video to your website as an FAQ, destination guide or tour highlight reel
- Use the video as part of a lead magnet or group marketing effort. Here’s how to promote your next lead magnet.
Ace this and you’ll reap the reward of better SEO as well as more social reach. This is because search engines and social algorithms love video.
Don’t forget about the added benefit of attracting new clients with video.
Blogging may be the work you love to hate or it can be your biggest content asset.
When planning blog content I like to think in terms of evergreen content so that it can be used in various channels. Once a blog post goes live, here’s a blueprint for repurposing the content.
- Pull out a key point and write a social post directing readers to the full blog post
- Create an e-book from the blog content
- Produce a video showcasing the main information from the blog post. Here’s the video tools you’ll want to explore to grow your brand awareness.
- Build an infographic highlighting the key points of the blog
- Record a podcast using the blog content. Podcasting 101 tips & guide here.
- Include the content in an e-blast with links to the original article (this will build your SEO)
- Write a long-form social post highlighting several key blog points
- Recreate the blog post as an ‘Article’ on LinkedIn. (I simply copy/paste from the blog right into the ‘Article’ template on LinkedIn. Super-easy)
- Create a checklist or guide with the key concepts of the blog post. (this may also serve as an enticing lead magnet. Here’s how to build a lead magnet that attracts new clients. )
Content Creation Secrets
Content creation can take on a life of its own. Researching, writing, editing, shooting video, recording podcasts. Sounds complicated, but guess what…. it’s really simple when you begin to repurpose, re-think and re-jig the content.
The Bottom Line
The bottom line is that different people absorb content in a variety of different forms. By repurposing and providing your content on various channels and formats you’ll reach different audiences.
When you start thinking strategically about your content and how it can morph into even more content, it’s like the snowball effect. It grows bigger and better over time.
Social Marketing Strategies for Travel and Tourism
About Catherine Heeg
Catherine Heeg is a recognized social media trail blazer passionate about social media and marketing in the tourism and hospitality industry. She takes the mystery out of marketing!
She creates and delivers meaningful, dynamic workshops that meet your unique needs in the Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Industry.
Catherine and her team help travel, tourism and hospitality pros design and implement social media marketing strategies and tactics that drive traffic to their social and web sites. Learn more…
Professionals who are serious about taking consistent, winning actions every day to build their business and achieve measurable results love working with Catherine.