How many times have you stepped into a beautiful scene on your travels that you just know your clients would LOVE? It’s those places that we want our clients to know about – but sometimes words fail us. And pictures? They’re great – but video is so much richer in quality!
Don’t be intimidated by the thought that video is difficult. New tools and methods make it so easy for you to engage with video.
Live Streaming Video
As fast as video is evolving live-streaming video is leading the game. The popularity of Periscope, Twitter Live, Instagram Live and the giant Facebook Live is shaking up the travel industry.
Opportunities in this realm are limitless. Grab your phone and jump on board.
With live streaming video your audience has the opportunity to chime in with questions and comments while adding to the discussion.
Imagine the possibilities for live-streaming;
- Interview visitors at your destination, event or resort
- Travel pros can interview suppliers, resort executives and destination experts
- At a conference or trade show capture the latest info
- Broadcast live from festivals and events
- Live stream from a site inspection; invite your pied pipers to join in and ask questions
- Snapshot of a ‘day on the road’
- Provide destination overviews and showcase top sites
- Showcase your new ________; office, motor coach, activity, ship, destination…
- Interview an industry leader
- Share industry news and updates
- Provide a behind the scenes view of a ship, resort, hotel, restaurant.
Pro Tip: check out these easy video production hacks.
Marketing Your Videos
Capitalize on your captivating videos by incorporating them into as many facets of your marketing strategy as humanly possible. This way you’ll get more bang for your buck (in terms of creation time) and more of your fans will benefit from your knowledge. All this means more business for you!
Here’s how you can use your new videos:
- Embed your video into a blog post
- Post your videos socially
- Don’t forget to post videos to Facebook, You Tube, Instagram, Google Plus, Twitter and Pinterest
- Add video to your website
- Embed video into your e-newsletters
- Include video in your emails
- Video in an email leads to 200-300% increase in click-thru rate
- Incorporate video into your advertising strategy. Here’s how.
- Develop video landing pages
- Update your video libraries on You-Tube, Vimeo, Facebook
- Embed video into your next PowerPoint presentation
- Don’t miss these tactics for each of your videos.
Diversifying your marketing strategy with video is the secret sauce in travel marketing.
Did you know: 51.9% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.
Are you generating the best ROI possible? Be a part of this 51%!
Social Marketing Strategies for Travel and Tourism