The time is upon us to clear out the closet and sweep out the attic! Your social feeds are no exception!
With constantly changing trends and algorithms, sometimes it can be hard to tell which social methods to stick with, and which just aren’t what they used to be. Keep reading to see where your online practices can be shifted for success in the coming months!
Reform & Retrofit these Habits
Are there some social marketing habits that just aren’t measuring up? With a bit of tweaking you may find they’ll outperform your expectations.
Reform: Social Ad Strategy
Have you been using Boost Post on Facebook and not seeing results? Highly targeted audiences respond better to your ads and maximize your ad spend.
Retrofit that strategy and create:
- Custom Audiences. Creation tips here.
- Target Audiences. Details here.
- Lead Generation audiences
- Then check out your ads Relevance Score
Have you been lax in your video production? Video is proving to be a powerhouse in reach and social engagement. It’s getting easier to produce and edit video; so easy that even tech novices can get into the video phenomenon.
Retrofit your video strategy and create:
- Live video shows on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat. Content ideas here.
- Travel Consultants: Shoot video on your fams, vacations and site inspections.
- DMO’s: Shoot video at events, festivals and of iconic/quirky destination hot spots
- Tour Operators: Shoot video of highlights of your tours, client testimonials and interviews with destination experts.
- Suppliers: Shoot video of product highlights and expert interviews
- Tutorials and explainer videos. Video tools here.
- Marketing & sales tips
Ditch these Habits
Life is too short and far too busy to keep up with some tasks that just aren’t serving you anymore.
Here’s a couple of things you may want to consider leaving in your past.
- The need to post on EVERY social site known to man (and woman). Simply focus on where your clients and ‘perfect’ clients hang out.
- Using more that 2-3 # (hashtags) in social posts.
- Research has found that Facebook posts with # may limit your reach.
- Using # on Pinterest serves no purpose as their search is by key word and not influenced by #’s.
- Think of Pinterest as a search engine and fill your pin descriptions and board descriptions with relevant key words
- Ignoring the value of social advertising. The key to increased reach an engagement involves a well-managed advertising budget. Here’s a guide for social ad budgeting.
- Posting without a strategy. Plan your weekly theme and post relevant info based on your weekly theme.
As we move into a new season, I challenge you to shake up your routine and tap into new habits that will take your business to the next level. You can leverage your successes and leave behind some tasks.
How will you elevate your social marketing strategy?
Social Marketing Strategies for Travel and Tourism
About Catherine Heeg
Catherine Heeg is a recognized social media trail blazer passionate about social media and marketing in the tourism and hospitality industry.
She creates and delivers meaningful, dynamic workshops that meet your unique needs in the Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Industry. She and her team help travel, tourism and hospitality pros design and implement social media marketing strategies and tactics that drive traffic to their social and web sites. Learn more…