Do your upcoming group tours still have some available space?
Would you love to have more repeat business?
As you probably know, group tours have A LOT of moving parts and sometimes it can be tricky to fit everything together perfectly.
This quick roadmap will help you put butts in seats and create lifelong brand advocates of your tours.
Get Social During the Sales Process
Perhaps your upcoming group tour still has a couple of seats to fill, how can you quickly spread the word? Using social marketing is key to getting the word out quickly and efficiently.
- Create an Event on Facebook. You can set up an ad for this event page.
- Build a post and advertise it to a select target audience
- Advertise on all social platforms suited to your tour audience
- Invite existing tour members to share or re-tweet the post you created in #2 above. Sharing the info to their own personal page will spread the word to their own friends and family…perfect new tour participants.
- Create a post on your LinkedIn profile as well as on your LinkedIn Company page
- Tune in to the video for ways to use your own videos during the sales process. It’s easy…I promise.
Stay Social After the Tour
New friendships have formed and group tour participants are thrilled with their trip experiences. Once you’ve returned from your group tour, keep that momentum and buzz going by:
- Keeping up with the conversations in your Facebook Group
- Build a Milestone page on Facebook and post photos from the tour (Make sure you have permission from all tour participants to use photos you’ve taken during the tour). Tour participants can also post their photos on this Milestone page. It becomes an archive and memory builder. Plus you can use these images in future marketing.
- Continue to post fond tour memories to all your social sites.
- Embed video and photos into your upcoming newsletters and e-blasts as a reminder of the group success as well as a soft sell for upcoming group tours.
So many great ways to stay top of mind and build relationships for your next tour.
Keeping your group in the loop is not only strategic, it’s easy.
Whether you’re looking to simply save time or if you’re wanting to help build community for your group tour members these ideas are simple to implement. The long-term impact is that you’re on the road to building stronger relationships with your clients and you’ve extended your reach to a broader audience.
Social Marketing Strategies for Travel and Tourism
About Catherine Heeg
Catherine Heeg is a recognized social media trail blazer passionate about social media and marketing in the tourism and hospitality industry. She takes the mystery out of marketing!
She creates and delivers meaningful, dynamic workshops that meet your unique needs in the Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Industry.
Catherine and her team help travel, tourism and hospitality pros design and implement social media marketing strategies and tactics that drive traffic to their social and web sites. Learn more…
Professionals who are serious about taking consistent, winning actions every day to build their business and achieve measurable results love working with Catherine.