When you head out of town for work or on vacation do you find that your social marketing or your checked baggage get lost?
While we don’t have any control over our checked bags, we do have control over our social presence. We work hard to engage with our fans, post relevant videos and create ads that convert. But how do we carry these strategies thru when we’re on the road?
Short of cloning or hiring more staff here’s some strategies to keep up socially.
Before You Leave – Social Marketing Tactics
The time before vacation or a business trip can be pure chaos; finish that project, plan that meeting agenda, connect with colleagues and pack! Consider these social tactics to keep on pace:
- Pre-schedule your social posts
- Shoot some video in advance and pre-schedule socially
- Write and schedule blog posts
- Set appointments for video shoots and interviews at your destination
- Ensure your Pages Manager, Facebook Ads app, Instagram and Twitter apps are up to date
Here’s some things that are always in my travel bag to ensure a smooth trip.
Stay Social During Your Trip
Once you hit the ground do you find that you’re simply running from meeting to trade show to evening event. Amidst all the activity take a few minutes to ensure your trip is a social marketing success.
- Set up some time for a video interview. Consider chatting with:
- A local colleague
- The local DMO
- An industry partner
- Check out #10 for more interviewee ideas
- Before your video interview check the:
- Background noise
- Setting and backdrop
- If you’re going live, check your internet connection and run through these prep tips.
- Capture still images to use in:
- Video slideshows. Here’s how to create your own.
- Future marketing & social posts
- Blogs and articles
- Social photo albums and stories
- If possible, post organically and ‘in the moment’
- Not sure if you want to be the star in your video? Check out these tips.
Even if it takes weeks for your missing baggage to catch up with you, you won’t need to spend weeks catching up on your social marketing. The proper preparation before you leave on your big vacation and some minimal maintenance work while you’re away will help you hit the ground running once you return to reality.
Which strategies will you use to keep your social presence alive during your next getaway, fam or business trip?
Social Marketing Strategies for Travel and Tourism
About Catherine Heeg
Catherine Heeg is a recognized social media trail blazer passionate about social media and marketing in the tourism and hospitality industry. She takes the mystery out of marketing!
She creates and delivers meaningful, dynamic workshops that meet your unique needs in the Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Industry.
Catherine and her team help travel, tourism and hospitality pros design and implement social media marketing strategies and tactics that drive traffic to their social and web sites. Learn more…
Professionals who are serious about taking consistent, winning actions every day to build their business and achieve measurable results love working with Catherine.