When trying to grow your email list does it seem like there’s a disconnect – a missing link — between connecting with a prospective client and adding that person to your active client list?
Unfortunately for many travel pros it may feel like a long and winding road between the first connection with a potential new client and an actual sale. If that sounds all too familiar, tune in for a tip that’s helped many pros travel that winding road more quickly.
26 Lead Magnet Content Ideas
When creating your irresistible lead magnet here are some ideas to spark your creativity. Consider these content ideas:
- Top 10 Places to Visit (make sure to list your top selling destinations)
- Top 10 Iconic Sites in ____________ (fill in your top selling destination)
- Top 10 Delicious Foods to try in _________________ (fill in your top selling destination)
- Top 10 Cruise Ports
- Cruise Packing Guide
- European Vacation Packing Guide
- Motorcoach Tour Packing Guide
- What to Pack when traveling with Kids
- How to Survive a 12 hour Flight
- How to Survive a 12 hour Flight with Kids
- Essential Travel Snacks
- Healthy Travel Snacks
- What to Avoid on a Long Flight
- How to Pack for an Around the World Cruise (wouldn’t you love to sell a couple of these?)
- Wedding Planning Checklist
- Honeymoon Travel Checklist
- Essential Gadget Guide for your next Vacation
- Download These (songs, talks, movies) before you Leave Home
- Before you Go Guide
- Top 10 Craft Breweries in ____________ (your top selling destination
- Top 10 Wineries to visit before you Die
- Top 10 Distilleries to visit in __________ (your top selling destination)
- Art History Cheat Sheet
- ___________ (name of your top selling country) History Cheat Sheet
- Decadent Desserts to Sample in ___________ (your top selling country)
- 10 Historical Facts you May Have Missed in School
Go ahead, expound on these ideas and you’ll find a lifetime of lead magnet content…not to mention future blog & video content too.
Lead Magnet Formats
Now that you have your ideas nailed down for your irresistible lead magnet that you’ll use to grow your email list, here are some formats that are easy for you to assemble and easy for readers to digest.
- PDF of a Word document
- PDF of a Power Point slide deck
- Short video slide show
- Explainer video
- Checklist graphic
- Blog that’s gated
- On-demand gated webinar
Infographic Lead Magnet Creation Tools
Infographics can be built by a graphic designer or by using one of these tools:
Now that you’ve attracted new prospects with your lead magnet, surveying them is essential. The strategy behind your survey is that you want to segment them further so that you can provide information tailored specifically to them.
A short 3-4 question survey is more challenging to put together than it may appear. Consider your questions carefully and start with your final segments in mind.
When choosing a survey tool you’ll find both free and paid versions to choose from. Here’s a list of popular options:
- CheckBox Survey
- Survey Monkey
- Survey Gizmo
- Survey Planet
- Outside Software eSurveysPro
- Survey Legend
- Google Forms
- Poll Daddy
- Client Heartbeat
- Zoho Survey
Tap into these tools and take your prospecting to the next level.
Not only will you grow your email list, you’ll also be able to drill down and tease out people interested in your niche market. This is a Win-Win for you and your new prospects.
Go ahead, create your lead magnet and survey today. Then watch your relationships soar.
Social Marketing Strategies for Travel and Tourism
About Catherine Heeg
Catherine Heeg is a recognized social media trail blazer passionate about social media and marketing in the tourism and hospitality industry. She takes the mystery out of marketing!
She creates and delivers meaningful, dynamic workshops that meet your unique needs in the Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Industry.
Catherine and her team help travel, tourism and hospitality pros design and implement social media marketing strategies and tactics that drive traffic to their social and web sites. Learn more…
Professionals who are serious about taking consistent, winning actions every day to build their business and achieve measurable results love working with Catherine.