Do you get tired of scrolling thru your social feeds and only seeing ads that shout “Save Money”?
Are you bored with ads that beseech you to “Buy Now”
What if your own ads could stand out by NOT saying any of those oh-so-common come-ons?
Let’s tune into 2 essential ad types that boost business without sounding ‘sales-ey’
Brand & Awareness in Social Ads
Let’s say you want to market an upcoming group tour. Yet, while your fans and clients may have traveled with you on a group tour in the past, they may not know that you’re now doing a different style of tour or traveling to a different destination. They’re just not aware of your new slant on group tours. You need to build your brand awareness and get people thinking of you in a different way. The easy way to do this is to select “Build Awareness” in the ad objective.
Let’s dive a bit deeper to see how to actually accomplish your goals with some unique tactics.
- Use video ads to help people better understand your new tour.
- Drive video viewers to your website or blog for more information by adding a call to action button, strong headline and ad text to build buzz.
Not sure which headline or text is going to work with your audience? Set up a Dynamic Ad
Story Telling & Social Ads
Imagine that you’ve just hung out your shingle and set up your brand spanking new business. How can you help people understand who you are and why they would want to work with you? Creating that new relationship is easier when you tell your story and give people the ‘insider view’.
What if you could tell your story to people who haven’t even started making their travel plans yet? Imagine the opportunity to reach people who are simply talking to their friends on social media about needing a vacation and wanting some me-time.
Here’s how social ads can help:
- Trip Consideration ads reach people in the initial planning vacation planning phase. This is a key time to tell your story, present aspirational travel ideas and build relationships. Details here.
- Use live-stream video to give people the inside scoop and let them peek behind the curtain to know you a bit better.
- Content tips for your next live streaming video.
- Market your live stream in advance to draw in the right people.
- When planning your live-stream invite people to sign-up in advance. Incentivize them with a downloadable free resource. Collect contact info and grow your list.
Successful marketers these days understand a couple of key concepts.
- Building brand awareness is an essential part of a marketing strategy. Ads focused on identifying yourself as a brand are a great tool for generating buzz without coming across as aggressively sales motivated.
- Viewers and fans react positively to brands who are authentic and real. ‘Sales-ey’ tactics are quickly ignored but brands who know how to tell a story and allow their viewers a peek at their inner workings are often rewarded for it. That’s why live-stream video and Trip Consideration ads are so successful!
What will be the focus of your next social ad?
Social Marketing Strategies for Travel and Tourism
About Catherine Heeg
Catherine Heeg is a recognized social media trail blazer passionate about social media and marketing in the tourism and hospitality industry. She takes the mystery out of marketing!
She creates and delivers meaningful, dynamic workshops that meet your unique needs in the Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Industry.
Catherine and her team help travel, tourism and hospitality pros design and implement social media marketing strategies and tactics that drive traffic to their social and web sites. Learn more…
Professionals who are serious about taking consistent, winning actions every day to build their business and achieve measurable results love working with Catherine.