When was the last time you liked a cool travel video and then shared it with a friend? If you’re anything like me, then it was probably earlier today.
Videos are an ideal tool for boosting social engagement and bringing awareness to your brand. But I doubt that getting ‘likes’, ‘shares’ and comments is your final goal.
I bet you want to turn that engagement into a sale or booking! Well, here’s how you can do it:
Reach and Convert Prospects
Doesn’t it seem to you that attention spans are shrinking? (ah, what were we talking about?)
Keeping your existing clients enthralled, engaged and booking with you again is easy with a variety of video styles. You may want to use showcase new tours, a new on-line tour registration platform or provide travel tips or FAQ’s.
Moving social fans thru your marketing funnel and turning prospects into happy clients is a job for video! Imagine sharing your excitement for new destinations with a show & tell live broadcast! Imagine drawing attention to the value of booking thru your company.
Consider this video style to:
- Fill your funnel
- Inspire word of mouth and social sharing
- Convey stats and results
How to Shine the Spotlight
Feature past clients telling their travel stories while sharing their photos via video. Animated figures are a game-changer when you need to project the ‘every man/woman’ viewpoint.
Effective video Styles
- Live action videos that feature a conversation answering typical questions asked by a prospective client can be a vital part of your FAQ section. Here’s some gear you’ll want to consider for your next video.
- Motion graphics videos use a combination of text and shapes along with music or voice-overs. A great way to shine a light on the value of booking with you. Here’s an example using Biteable. Here’s some examples of Powtoon and Rawshorts. (scroll down to the video section)
- Tools: Biteable, Powtoon, RawShorts, Renderforest
- Live action screencast – great way to showcase new on-line tools you offer; tour registration, optional tours or even packing tips.
- Tools: Zoom, Loom
- Live streaming video broadcast—dial in to listener ideas and questions as a tool to shape future tours and activities.
- Tools: Facebook, Instagram or You-Tube Live broadcasts. Presenting with a partner is easy using StreamYard or BeLive and broadcasting directly to social platforms.
Blunders! Boo-Boo’s! Slip-up’s! All possibilities when you broadcast live! Here’s a quick checklist so you can change the outcome of your next live to Awesome! Amazing! Audacious!
Creating fun, bite-sized video is a game-changer when you want to capture attention and change the mindset of social fans. Converting social fans into loyal clients is the goal. Marketing is the vehicle. Video is the driver.
Which video tool will you try first?
Social Marketing Strategies for Travel and Tourism
About Catherine Heeg
Catherine Heeg is a recognized social media trail blazer passionate about social media and marketing in the tourism and hospitality industry. She takes the mystery out of marketing!
She creates and delivers meaningful, dynamic workshops that meet your unique needs in the Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Industry.
Catherine and her team help travel, tourism and hospitality pros design and implement social media marketing strategies and tactics that drive traffic to their social and web sites. Learn more…
Professionals who are serious about taking consistent, winning actions every day to build their business and achieve measurable results love working with Catherine.