Do you find yourself watching those amazing travel videos produced by your suppliers?
Are you captivated by those silly cat videos?
Do you ever wish your own videos had the power to attract new clients and keep you “front and center” with your existing clients?
Creating and posting social videos can be a FUN tool for connecting with your audience. Knowing which steps to take, and when, is another story. Having a solid strategy to reconnect with your viewers and move them along the sales process will ensure you get the best results from your perfectly crafted videos.
These two strategies are essential for your roadmap to video marketing success.
Pixel with a Purpose
Imagine being able to deliver ads to people who visited a specific page on your website. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to continually add to your sales funnel by staying connected to these people and moving them thru the sales funnel while building stronger relationships.
For example, perhaps a social fan of yours clicked a post link to your Free Resources web page or viewed a video and clicked thru to your website. Your pixel provides the ad tool to target these people with different free resources or a video that will grab their attention and provide the solutions they need.
Your pixel is the perfect tool! It will help you track your website traffic and set up trackable Facebook ads.
Are you using your Facebook pixel at peak performance?
(If you haven’t set up your pixel yet, stop reading this and do this.)
Here’s another guide.
Leverage this powerful pixel technology. Simply create a list from your pixel and then target a social ad to reach just this audience.
Pro tip: Consider using a video ad at this stage in the sales funnel to spur action more quickly.
Pixel Audience Set Up
Here’s how to set up a new pixel audience.
Navigation: Facebook Ads Manager/Business Manager < Custom Audience < Website Traffic.
Choosing your audience type is easy.
- Select the audience you’d like to create.
When you select “All website visitors” you’ll include all people who visited your website.
When you select “People who visited specific web pages” you’ll be able to include people who visited specific websites or specific web pages. For example, this is a great option if you want to include only people visited your free resources page or your blog page. You may even want to consider this option to target specific supplier micro-sites you have attached to your website.
- Select the number of days you want people to remain in your audience after they’ve met your website traffic criteria. People will be removed from your audience after this time, unless the meet the criteria again. The maximum time is 180 days.
Do you have a special sale or promotion on your website? This is an opportunity for you to quickly target web viewers who have looked at a time-sensitive offer on your website.
- Once your custom audience has been created you have the option to create a Look Alike audience that has similar characteristics to your newly created pixel audience.
This works great if you want to target other Facebook users who may be interested in the same destination or product.
- Once your new audience is created you’ll find it in the line-up of your existing audiences. You’ll then be able to use it to create a new ad.
Repurpose Your Videos
Once your video is shot, don’t let it sit on your hard drive or camera roll and collect dust. Fire up your content marketing machine and tap into these marketing opportunities.
- Post that video to all your social sites
- Pro Tip: remember to upload the .mp4 version of the video, not a You Tube link.
- Upload to You Tube & Vimeo
- Add to your website
- Consider adding your video to your FAQ or Free Tips web page. Then add an email collection form so that people need to provide their contact info to view your video treasure. This turns your video into a lead magnet. Here’s other lead magnet ideas.
- Pro Tip: you’ll want to add the You Tube or Vimeo link of your video onto your website, rather than the native video so it loads more quickly for your web visitors.
- Use your video at your next consumer information night
- String short videos together into a montage
- Clip longer videos into short segments
- Include video into your next e-book
- Create a meme
No matter where you are on the road to connecting with clients who’ve viewed your videos the path is always changing, but the goal is always the same. Leverage your video viewing audiences! Grow your relationships with video viewers taking them from warm contacts to valuable clients.
Social Marketing Strategies for Travel and Tourism
About Catherine Heeg
Catherine Heeg is a recognized social media trail blazer passionate about social media and marketing in the tourism and hospitality industry. She takes the mystery out of marketing!
She creates and delivers meaningful, dynamic workshops that meet your unique needs in the Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Industry.
Catherine and her team help travel, tourism and hospitality pros design and implement social media marketing strategies and tactics that drive traffic to their social and web sites. Learn more…
Professionals who are serious about taking consistent, winning actions every day to build their business and achieve measurable results love working with Catherine.