When you sit down to write a blog post, does it suddenly feel like your brain is on vacation?
That blank white screen can feel insurmountable if you don’t already have a clear-cut plan for your blog.
Instantly blogging seems like a huge time gobbler and no longer worth it.
Don’t fall into that trap! Blogging has a TON of benefits and shouldn’t be skipped. Here’s an 8 step plan to follow that will help keep you on track and trim down the time you spend blogging.
Are you put off by blogging because you feel it takes too much time?
Here’s why you’ll want to consider writing a blog;
- Want more leads? Companies that publish 16+ blog posts per month generated 4.5x more leads than companies publishing 0-4 monthly. (Source: HubSpot)
- Want better brand awareness? 60% of consumers feel engaged/positive with a brand or company after reading custom content on their blog (Source: ContentPlus)
- Want to be found on-line easier? Better SEO? Blogging is responsible for 434% more indexed pages and 97% more indexed links (Source: DemandMetric)
- Want more buyers? 47% of B2B buyers read 3-5 blog posts or content pieces prior to talking with a salesperson (Source: DemandGenReport)
Blog & Beyond
While blogging does take some time (about 3 hours), here’s a breakdown of how you may spend that time:
- Research topic – check out the video below for content ideas and tips
- Add images with captions
- Upload to blog platform
- Format. Turbo-charge your text with these details.
- Market, market and market some more
- Bonus: here’s some content-generator ideas to keep you ahead of the clock.
Blog Repurposing Roadmap
Don’t let your blog time be a once & done project. Repurposing your blog will give you not only more social content but it will earn you more eyeballs too.
Shoo away the time wasters and stick with these 8 steps to easy and efficient blogging. I think that you’ll be amazed by the results!
What will you do with all the time you save?
Social Marketing Strategies for Travel and Tourism
About Catherine Heeg
Catherine Heeg is a recognized social media trail blazer passionate about social media and marketing in the tourism and hospitality industry. She takes the mystery out of marketing!
She creates and delivers meaningful, dynamic workshops that meet your unique needs in the Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Industry.
Catherine and her team help travel, tourism and hospitality pros design and implement social media marketing strategies and tactics that drive traffic to their social and web sites. Learn more…
Professionals who are serious about taking consistent, winning actions every day to build their business and achieve measurable results love working with Catherine.