So many times I hear that travel pros have spent a ton of money on ads without any new bookings. (does this sound familiar?)
Your custom audiences and target audiences are the foundation for successful ads. Imagine being able to specifically target an audience for every type of group tour, FIT program or special event you plan.
You can create as many custom audiences as you’d like. So, go ahead, target specifically for each ad you’d like to run.
Then take your advertising savvy up a notch by split testing the audiences to see which performs better with which ad. Successful marketers are also split testing other aspects of their ads.
Split Test for Ad Success
Split testing is the practice of keeping all aspects of your ad (copy, target, graphics, etc) the same and just changing 1 aspect. Then test the change between 2 versions of your ad; the original and the one with 1 change.
Split testing just got easier within Facebook Ads Manager. Recently an option to split test among 4 different ads became possible.
Here’s where to start:
In addition to split testing your audiences, you can split test these variables:
- Creative; graphics & video
- This works great when you have a collection of videos or images and you’re not certain which will work better with your audience.
- If you’ve selected something other than Video Views as your ad objective you can test bid strategy and when you get charged (impressions or page like). This is helpful if you want to maximize your page likes.
- This option works great if you want to test whether Facebook, Instagram or Audience Network gives you the best results. Here’s your choices of different placements:
Dynamic Creative Ad Success
Do you ever wish you could test out which photos and text have the greatest impact on your audience? With Dynamic Creative ads, you simply input a selection of choices (see below) and Facebook mixes and matches it for you and determines which option plays out better with your selected audience.
You have the opportunity to use up to:
- 10 images or videos
- 5 headlines
- 5 text blocks
- 5 link descriptions
- 5 CTA buttons
To start, use Quick Creation, add a Campaign Name and save as a Draft. This is the only way to be able to find the option for Dynamic Ads set up.
Once saved as a draft, go back and bring up the ad again from the line-up of your ads within Ads Manager. Then select “Try Dynamic Ads”
Set up your Dynamic Ad choosing the variables you’d like to mix and match.
- Pro Tip: I find it helpful to have all my content pre-written. It makes it easier for me to proof and tweak in advance of uploading. Then I simply upload all the text, photos and videos to Ads Manager. It saves me time and keeps it from being too confusing.
Tune in for more details on these exciting ad styles.
With these creative ways to test which variables will work best with your audiences, it helps you get the most bang for your advertising dollars and wow the right people at the right time with the right content. It’s personalization at it’s finest.
How will you use split testing and dynamic ads?
Social Marketing Strategies for Travel and Tourism
About Catherine Heeg
Catherine Heeg is a recognized social media trail blazer passionate about social media and marketing in the tourism and hospitality industry.
She creates and delivers meaningful, dynamic workshops that meet your unique needs in the Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Industry. She and her team help travel, tourism and hospitality pros design and implement social media marketing strategies and tactics that drive traffic to their social and web sites. Learn more…