Would you like your Tweets to reach a broader audience and drive more traffic to your website?
Promoted tweets may be the answer! Promoted tweets are nearly indistinguishable from typical tweets in that they can be re-tweeted, replied to and favorited; however, promoted tweets are distinguished by being marked as ‘promoted’. They will look like this:
Among the many benefits, promoted tweets effectively drive traffic and generate brand awareness. These type of tweets are ideal for promoting product launches, sales, your blog posts and contests.
Promoted tweets receive prime visibility as they appear at the top of relevant search results as well as in results for promoted trends!
How to create a promoted tweet
Start here by clicking on your profile photo, then Twitter ads:
Step #1 – Content for a Promoted Tweet
- Write a compelling piece of content, a striking visual or use content that has previously received positive results. A new product launch or an upcoming event will benefit hugely from promoted tweets.
Try these tips for writing promoted tweets!
- Add a call to action button that allows users to connect to your website, enter your contest or download your content. See figure 1 above and note the “Book Now” button.
- Keep your tweet short and sweet! Focusing on creating brief but compelling content is an excellent way to grab your audience’s attention.
- Test your content! Don’t be afraid to repost tried and true content that has worked for you in the past.
- Try posting videos and images. Images are appealing, plain and simple. Twitter users love them and they are easy to create. Here are some tools to create outstanding images.
Step #2 – Twitter Audience Selection
- Choose your ideal audience. Twitter allows you to target your audience by keywords, followers, location, interests, gender and even allows you to specifically reach users who have visited your company website. Examine the content you are promoting when deciding who to target. For example, targeting by interests is an excellent way to expand your audience whereas keywords effectively reach very specific users.
Step #3 – Posting a Promoted Tweet
- So how do you go about posting your promoted tweet now that you’ve created amazing content and chosen your audience? It’s easy! Within the ads section, choose “New Tweet”. Then simply click the ‘eye’ icon as pictured below. Insert your content as you would a typical tweet. Next, select the keywords or @usernames you would like to target. Finally, choose the ‘promoted tweet’ option and you’re done! Screen shot source
Alternately you can promote an existing tweet and it looks like this:
A well-constructed promoted Tweet can effectively attract a broader audience to your business. They are great for announcing upcoming product launches, contests or driving traffic to your business’ website or blog.
How will you use them?
Social Marketing Strategies for Travel and Tourism
Written in conjunction with Emily MacAlister