Is video on your radar? If not, check out these stats and you’ll understand why it’s so important to put it at the top of your to-do list.
Video Tips & Stats
Ensuring you get the most views and reach once you create a video is vital. Being able to repurpose your video in a variety of social and traditional platforms will maximize your time. Here are a number of ways you can extend the reach of your video and reach more of your fans.
- Download and save your video to your computer’s hard drive.
- From your hard drive, upload it to Facebook and create a post
- Advanced tip: Advertise this post and skyrocket your reach
- NOTE: If you post to Facebook using the link to a You-Tube video you’ll not get the maximum impact. The video will only show as a thumbnail.
- Embed your video into your next blog post
- Include your video in your next e-newsletter
- Tweet your video
- Advanced tip: Advertise your video tweet
- Upload your video to your businesses’ You-Tube channel
- Advanced tip: Add a custom thumbnail
- Add your video to your Pinterest site
- Include your video on your Google+ business page
- Add your video to your website
- If your video is business related (not promotional) add it to your LinkedIn profile
- Upload your video to your Instagram site
Video Slip-Up’s to Avoid
Slip-Up: Many times I see videos uploaded to Facebook using the link from You-Tube. While this is really easy, you miss out on the huge visual impact of video on Facebook. When a Youtube link is added to Facebook it looks like this:
Fix: When posting your video to Facebook, please make sure to upload it directly from your hard drive. It will play directly from Facebook and take up the entire space allocated to a Facebook post. It will look like this:
As you consider all the elements of your marketing strategy you’ll find so many uses for video. I’ll bet you’ll want to spend more time creating and embracing this powerful tool.
Powtoon video produced in conjunction with Ruby Murphy
Social Marketing Strategies for Travel and Tourism