With the conference season in full swing it’s time to strategize how to make the most of your networking and tradeshow time and effort. These tips and tactics will be useful after your conference to continue growing your relationships.
Using these tactics to showcase your learnings to your clients, you’ll find new business opportunities. Imagine stretching your reach over new platforms and integrating your new videos and photos in a unique way.
After Conference Social Tips
- Check out the LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+, Instagram and Twitter presence of fellow attendees and their companies.
- Edit & post new photos and video to Pinterest and other sites
- Update your social profiles with news, photos and video of destinations and your conference
- ‘Like’ your new contacts and their business pages on Facebook and follow them on Twitter and other social sites.
- ‘Like’ the conference/association Facebook page for all the latest
- Join the conference group on LinkedIn to network and learn
- Plan and execute a Facebook or Pinterest contest
- Participate in Twitter chats for our industry
- Check out #tourismchat #smbizchat
- Post your Vines & Instagram videos to your social sites
- Participate in conversations on the conference app
- Create a Milestone on Facebook of your conference participation
- Use your Facebook, Google+ , Instagram, You-Tube, Vine and Twitter sites to showcase your upcoming tours
- Update your LinkedIn and Facebook accounts with your NEW upcoming events & tours
- Pin and Highlight Facebook posts to showcase your newest tours
- Consider advertising on Facebook
- Create promoted posts (“Boost a Post”) directly from your Facebook timeline
- Update your Blog with info you’ve gained at the conference
- Update your media calendar to coordinate your posts with your upcoming tours and events
- Set up Google Alerts to keep abreast of latest news and what’s being said about top suppliers & your company
- Create a slide show overview of your upcoming tours. Post to SlideShare and You-Tube
- Create a Vine or Instagram video thanking your clients for their tradeshow participation
- Create a media calendar to communicate with your connections from the conference
- Set up Google Alerts to keep abreast of latest news and what’s being said about your brand
- Create a new QR code with an updated ‘Thank you’ video to prospective new clients
- Design long pins or infographics of your destination or attraction
- Post on Pinterest
- Announce and share socially with Tour Operators
- Follow up and stay connected via social media and nurture new relationships
- Conduct a Google Hangout to build business
- Post your Vines and Instagram videos to your social sites to showcase your new knowledge
- Embed your videos, social posts and tweets into your next blog
- Integrate your many photos into your posts, tweets and blog
- Conduct a Google Hangout to inform your clients of your newest knowledge
- Record a short marketing video of each new destination, ship, or resort
- Initiate a Twitter chat to increase awareness and build your client base
- Create a SlideShare, Animoto, Flip A Gram or You-Tube video incorporating the still photos you’ve captured
- Share these videos on your social sites and embed into your blog
- Market any new accreditation or awards you’ve received
Conferences and conventions are powerful marketing opportunities when fully integrated socially. Whether you’re marketing to consumers or the trade, maximize your time by implementing these tactics right now!
Over to you….what are your key strategies to make the most of your conference time?