Do you shy away from cameras and being the center of attention?
Or do you LOVE being right in the action?
The classic line from Shakespeare’s Hamlet, “to be or not to be” probably wasn’t referring to whether or not you should appear onscreen in your next social video… but it still applies.
Getting in front of the camera is a great way to build a real connection with your audience but you can still create killer videos from behind the scenes. Regardless of which style you prefer, these tools and strategies will help you create professional and effective videos.
Video Without Being the Star
Ok, so you’re still choked with fear at the thought of creating videos, here’s some ways to benefit from video without being in front of the camera.
- Create a Video Slideshow. Using tools like Animoto, Smilebox, Magisto, Adobe Spark and even the Facebook Video Slideshow tool you can change your still images into short, snackable videos.
- Facebook Video Templates. Within your Ads Manager account there’s an option to create a short 6-15 second video using templates provided by Facebook. You simply supply the still images and a bit of text and Facebook will create a video ad for you.
- Turn your blog into a video. Your blog articles can quickly become videos with a tool like Lumen 5
- Explainer videos are a perfect way to introduce your viewers to your new booking engine, website or attraction. For Explainer video tools see the Animated Video tools guide below.
- Animated videos can be a fun way to relay stats, research or intangibles.
- Check out tools like Powtoon, Raw Shorts, Biteable, and Vyond.
- Animated quotes gain attention and spark some inspiration when you feature an amazing travel photo with an inspiring travel quote. Check out tolls like Adobe Spark, Wave and even iMovie to create these in a flash.
- Have you noticed that when you Boost a post you now have the option to ‘Animate Post’? It’s a really simple way to jump on the video bandwagon. Tune in to learn more about this cool tool.
The Star is YOU!
Getting in front of the camera can be your best marketing tool ever! With the right video gear, you won’t fear turning the camera around gives your fans and followers a chance to get to know you better. And we all know that people buy from people they know and like.
Whether you’re considering live-streaming video, 360 video or simply shooting video from your office or on a fam, here’s some ways to use video:
- Expert Interviews: Jump on camera with industry experts, clients or colleagues. Get prepared with these tips. Do you live in a different city than your interviewee? Not a problem with this video tool.
- Showcase videos: showcase a destination, tour, culinary option or event. Narrating the video yourself adds a personal touch. 12 more content ideas here.
- Tips & tricks: Provide relevant tips to help viewers pack a suitcase or even navigate a foreign culture. As a travel pro, you have so many travel tips and tricks, how about turning each one into a short video.
Hint: having a strategy and style will make your starring role easier. You’re welcome to steal this strategy.
Whether or not you’re the star of your next social video, using the right tools and having a strong strategy will help you produce powerful videos.
Will I be seeing you onscreen in your next video?
Social Marketing Strategies for Travel and Tourism
About Catherine Heeg
Catherine Heeg is a recognized social media trail blazer passionate about social media and marketing in the tourism and hospitality industry. She takes the mystery out of marketing!
She creates and delivers meaningful, dynamic workshops that meet your unique needs in the Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Industry.
Catherine and her team help travel, tourism and hospitality pros design and implement social media marketing strategies and tactics that drive traffic to their social and web sites. Learn more…
Professionals who are serious about taking consistent, winning actions every day to build their business and achieve measurable results love working with Catherine.